Are you a Samsung Galaxy S2 user? We have brought a good news for you that will lead you to smile in pleasure. Now with the help of our tutorial you can update your device with Official Android 4.1.2 XXLSK Jelly Bean Firmware.
Samsung has rolled out the official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update for Galaxy S2 model no I9100 and has been pushed by OTA for some network providers. But if you didn’t receive this latest update, you can learn from our manual guide.
The latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean update comes with a lot of features and supplementary options for its users. The Nature UX interface will be available to you with this update, which comes with the Samsung Galaxy S3 and S3 mini devices which run on the latest update Firmware.
The latest ROM is more stable as the previous one, and has a lot of bug fixers. The Buttery SmoothPerformance and Great Stability comes to help its users If you love the UI of the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note 2, you will be delighted to know that the same interface is now available for your S2, with the Full User Interface Revamp.
The TouchWiz Nature UX is now integrated with the XXLSK firmware and also offers Samsung’s S Cloud services feature that give you a humongous modality to use the latest gadgets available in the application market. If you wish to customize your home screen, this update provides 2 Home screen modes.
New Lockscreen with Many Customization Options is also included and ready to be implemented by all the users. Other features like the Direct Call, Smart Stay and the Pop-up Play can be used when the new OS start running on your S2.
With this update you get the new widgets of Samsung Galaxy S3, the free 50 GB Dropbox Storage and the NewNotificationbar with MoreNotificationToggles features. Last but not the least, the Google Now is here and ready to offer you the best advice.
Prerequisites and Guidelines:
- This XXLSK official firmware and all the instructions listed here are provided to be applied only for the international variant of the Samsung Galaxy S2 model no I9100P. Don’t try to use the same for any other similar model. To check the version of your model, go and see on the Settings > About Phone menu.
- It is hugely essential to back-up your data when you make any modification on your device. Also, if your device is rooted, or has the CWM or TWRP installed on it, you can get a full Nandroid back-up for the existing ROM. This will create a point restore for the actual ROM, and if something doesn’t work well, you can restore the previous ROM image.
- Install the proper drivers for your S2 device via your Windows PC. If you don’t have the drivers, you can download the same using this link.
- Enable the USB debugging mode, to do that navigate on the Settings > Developer Options menu.
- Verify and make sure your device’ battery has more than 80% power left otherwise your device may face a forced shutdown in the middle of this tutorial.
- Your S2 device needs to be unlocked no locked to a specific carrier.
- When you install this official update, the root access will be revoked, and your warranty for the device will be restored. If you want to have again the root access, you should go for to re-rooting the device after you installed this latest firmware on it.
- All these information listed here and the installation guide, are provided only for instructional and educational purpose. Don’t hold us responsible or liable if something goes wrong while following this guide.
How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 XXLSK Jelly Bean Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100P?
- First of all download the Official Android 4.1.2 I9100PXXLSK file from here, and save it in your PC and after the download completes, extract the zip file.
- Download the ODIN v3.07 app, this application will help you to install the update on the S2 device.
- Now, Power off your S2 smartphone and after that boot it into Download Mode menu, for doing that you need to press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons simultaneously and then press the Power button until the Android logo robot appears on your display. After that once again press the Power button and you’re now in the Download Mode.
- Open Odin on your PC.
- Connect your S2 to PC using the USB cord while the smartphone is still in Download Mode.
- If the connection is successfully done, see on the ODIN and the ID: COM boxes will be yellow in color. This process can be a bit time consuming so have patience.
- Now load the files that must be installed on your S2 device, these files are in the folder where you have extracted them initially.
- Click the ‘PDA’ and browse and pick the file with ‘.tar’ or ‘.md5’ extension in its name.
- Select the ‘Phone’ option and browse and pick the file with ‘MODEM’ contented in its name.
- Select the ‘CSC’ option and choose the file with the ‘CSC’ contented in its name.
Now click on the ‘PIT’ checkbox and from there browse and select the PIT file.
- Note: if the last 3 steps are missing, ignore them.
- Make sure in ODIN, the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are enabled. In case of the Re-Partition option, must check it ONLY if a .PIT file is loaded.
- Press the START button on the ODIN, when you’re ready for beginning the updating process.
- Wait until the update is totally over.
- When the installation process completes, your smartphone will reboot automatically.
- When the Home screen shows, disconnect your smartphone from your PC by removing the USB cable.
Note: If your Samsung Galaxy is stuck or enter in one boot loop, you need to perform a Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache and reboot it.
Congratulation! That’s all! Now you have successfully learnt how to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100P with the latest Android 4.1.2 XXLSK Jelly Bean firmware.
To verify your current version of update firmware Go to Settings > About Phone.