Update the Samsung Galaxy S2 with Official Android 4.1.2 XXLSK Jelly Bean firmware
Good news for all the Samsung Galaxy S2 owners, today we will teach you how manually update your S2 device with the latest Official Android 4.1.2 XXLSK Jelly Bean firmware.
As you probably know that the Samsung is rolling out the official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update for Samsung Galaxy S2 model no I9100 this update has been pushed by OTA for some networks providers, but if you didn’t receive this latest update you can learn from our tutorial how manually update the same.
This present tutorial gives you the possibility to download and update your S2 device with latest XXLSK official Jelly Bean firmware. You can do that if you don’t want to wait to be automatically notify by your update checker, from your device when this firmware will be available for your device by OTA.
So, if you’ve decided manually flash the official 4.1.2 firmware in your device then this is a good occasion to see how you can doing that.
The latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean update comes with a lot of features and supplementary options for its users. So you can note that the Nature UX interface will be available for you with this update, which comes from the Samsung Galaxy S3 and S3 mini devices which running the latest update firmware.
In the following section, we will present you on short lines the main features that you’ll be able to use them once you’ve installed this update. So firstly you’ll see this ROM is more stable as the old one, and has a lot of bug fixes. The Buttery SmoothPerformance and Great Stability comes to help its users, if you love the UI of the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note 2 then you need to know the same interface is now available for your S2 with the Full User Interface Revamp. Otherwise, the TouchWiz Nature UX is now here integrated with the XXLSK firmware and also comes with the Samsung’s S Cloud services feature ready to offers you a humongous modality to use the latest gadgets available on the application market. If you like to customize your home screen, then this update comes with 2 Home screen modes.
For users who want to have on the Lockscreen possibility, to add gadgets or to have a new look for it, then the New Lockscreen with Many Customization Options is also included and ready to be used.
Other features like the Direct Call, Smart Stay and the Pop-up Play can be used when the new OS is running on your S2.
What I like particularly much from this update is the new widgets from Samsung Galaxy S3, the free 50 GB Dropbox Storage and the NewNotificationbar with MoreNotificationToggles features.
Last but not least the Google Now is here and ready to give you the best advice.
Before starting the installation guide you need to follow some prerequisites that are necessary to be applied first, so that’s why we put here for you a preparation guide in order successfully complete this manually update:
- This XXLSK official firmware and all the instructions listed here are provided to be applied only for the international variant of the Samsung Galaxy S2 model no I9100P. Do not try to use the same for any other similar model. To check the version of your model, go and see on the Settings > About Phone menu.
- It is hugely essential to back up your data when you make any modification on your device, that’s why we strongly recommend backing up all your data stored on the device’s internal memory store. Also, if your device is rooted, or has the CWM or TWRP installed on it then you can get a full Nandroid backup for the existing ROM, this will create a point restore for the actual ROM, and if something doesn’t work well you can restore the previous ROM image.
- Install the proper drivers for your S2 device via your Windows PC. If you don’t have the drivers, you can download the same using this link.
- Enable the USB debugging mode, to do that navigate on the Settings > Developer Options menu.
- Verify and make sure your device’s battery has more than 80% power left and if not charge it, otherwise your device can take a forced power off during the update process and you can brick your S2 device.
- Your S2 device needs to be unlocked, no locked to a specific carrier.
- When install this official update the root access will be revoke, and your warranty for the device will be restored. If you want to have again the root access, you should to re-root the device after you install this latest firmware on it.
- All these information listed here and the installation guide, are provided only for instructional and educational purpose so do not blame us or held liable if something wrong will happens if you apply this tutorial. Users are advised to apply this guide only on their own risk.
How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 XXLSK Jelly Bean Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100P
- Firstly download the Official Android 4.1.2 I9100PXXLSK file from here, and save it in your PC and after the download is completed extract the zip file.
- Secondly Download the ODIN v3.07 app, this application will helps you to install the update on the S2 device.
- Now, Power off your S2 smartphone and after that boot it into Download Mode menu, for doing that you need to press and hold simultaneous the next combination of buttons: Volume Down and Home buttons and then press the Power button until the Android logo robot appears on your display. After that press, once again the Power button and you’re now in the Download Mode.
- Open Odin on your PC.
- Connect your S2 to PC using the USB cord while the smartphone is still in Download Mode.
- If the connection is successfully done see on the ODIN and the ID: COM boxes will be collared in yellow color. This process can during a few time consuming, so be patient.
- Now load the files that must be installed on your S2 device, these files are in the folder where you have been extracted at the first step.
- Click the ‘PDA’ and browse and pick the file with ‘.tar’ or ‘.md5′ extension in its name.
- Select the ‘Phone’ option and browse and pick the file with ‘MODEM’ contented in its name.
- Select the ‘CSC’ option and choose the file with the ‘CSC’ contented in its name.
Now click on the ‘PIT’ checkbox and from there browse and select the pit file.
- Note: if the last 3 steps in this main step are missing then ignore them.
- Make sure in ODIN the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are enabled. In case of the Re-Partition option, must be check it ONLY if a. PIT file is loaded.
- Press the START button on the ODIN, when you’re ready for beginning the updating process.
- Wait until the update is totally installed.
- When the installation process is completes, your smartphone will reboot automatically.
- When the Home screen is displayed disconnect your smartphone from your PC by removing the USB cable.
Note: If your Samsung Galaxy is stuck or entering in one boot loop, then you need to perform a Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache and reboot it.
Congratulation, now you successfully learnt how to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100P with the latest Android 4.1.2 XXLSK Jelly Bean firmware.
To verify your current version of update firmware Go to Settings > About Phone.