Update Samsung Galaxy S2 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSJ OS
In this article, I will teach you a manually update method for your Samsung Galaxy S2 to official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSJ OS firmware. This guide explain you with a step by step procedure all the instructions that you need to follow in order to manually update the S2 device with official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSJ OS.
The XWLSJ firmware update is the latest update that the Samsung officially launched for the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 devices. This latest ROM update can be installing in your device by OTA or by using the KIES app for your S2 device.
If you didn’t receive yet the notification to install this update by OTA, then if you want to have it then you need to install the same manually, and for this we present you today this tutorial, to teach you how to manually flash the Android 4.1.2 JB on your Samsung Galaxy S2 device.
This latest Android 4.1.2 ROM. Jelly Bean OS is the most stable version that the Jelly Bean platform has for the moment, in this version all the bugs and issues reported in the previous JB versions has been solved and in additionally comes with some new features.
If you want to learn how to manually install this new update, then you need to read all the instructions from here, this is an official ROM, and if you follow and do not skip any step in the correct order the installation process can be easy performed for your S2 device.
This present tutorial doesn’t require to have a rooted S2 device before starting the procedure, in case you have a rooted S2 smartphone and you want to apply this update you need to know the root access will be revoked after the officially Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSJ OS will be installed on your device. For re-root your device you need to use a root method that is suitable with this new Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSJ OS firmware, if won’t use a suitable tutorial you risk to brick your device.
Before to starting our tutorial, you have to follow some prerequisites theta are necessary to be applied in the first part.
- This tutorial and all the instructions listed here, are only for educational and instructional purpose, so use the same only in your own risk, our team cannot be responsible or liable for your changes that you apply for your smartphone.
- This tutorial and the instructions listed here are only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number GT I9100. Do not use this tutorial for any other device, you risk to brick them.
- For the firmware installation, you’ll use the ODIN app. isn’t required a custom Recovery image installed on your device. In case you have a custom Recovery image installed on your device is recommended (optional) to perform a wipe before to use ODIN for flashing this new JB 4.1.2 update. (To do that boot your S2 into recovery image mode and from there select “wipe data factory reset” and then “wipe cache partition”.
- Backup all your personal data before starting the update procedure, I recommend you to save your personal information like SMS, call logs, applications, EFS folder internet settings, images, videos, and other data that you consider you need.
- You’ll use a Windows PC with internet access available on it, the original USB cable for S2 device, and your S2 device.
- Disable or deactivate the security applications that you’re running on your computer and on your smartphone, programs like antivirus, firewall. These programs are normally interfering with the flashing process.
- Verify your device’s battery and make sure the level is more than 70% power left, in the other case if you don’t have enough power left your device can take a forced shut down in the middle of the updating process.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Samsung Galaxy S2 device. To do that you’ve need to follow the next path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging and to activate this option.
Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSJ OS- Guide
- Download Samsung KIES from here, and install the proper drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S2 device, if you already have installed the compatible drivers, you can skip this step.
- Download the ODIN app from here and install it in your PC
- Download the Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSJ OS update file from here and extract the same in your PC.
- Open ODIN application from your computer.
- Power off your S2 device and reboot the same into Download Mode, to do this reboot the device by pressing and keeping the Power and Volume buttons simultaneous.
- Connect your S2 device to the PC using the USB cable for doing that.
- In the ODIN app, you need to be notified with the ID:COM yellow or blue and the “added” message is displayed and available. That’s give you the accord to begin the flashing process. If not, close ODIN, after that disconnect your S2 device from the computer and reinstall the drivers again in your PC after you reinstall the drivers repeat the procedure from the beginning.
- Now, from the ODIN app select the “PDA” option.
- Search and pick the downloaded update which you downloaded and extracted previously.
- Now, in the ODIN app click on “Start” button.
- Now wait until the flashing process is done and you’re notified by a “pass” message in the ODIN app interface.
- Disconnect your S2 device by removing the USB cable.
- Reboot your Samsung S2 device.
Note: if your device will get a boot loop at the first reboot with the new updating ROM, you have to reboot it, and after that to entering in the Recovery Mode, you can do that by pressing on the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously; now, from the Recovery Mode select “wipe data factory reset” and followed by “wipe cache partition” option. After you performed a wipe cache partition return to the Recovery Mode main menu and from there select “reboot system now”.
Note: If the ODIN app gets stuck, close the ODIN app and disconnect your device from the computer by removing the USB cord, and force a restart for your device. After you’ve been restarted your device, reinstall its proper drivers on the PC and repeat the update guide from the beginning.
Congratulations, that’s was all the steps that you need to know when you want to manually update your Samsung Galaxy S2 to the official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSJ firmware.
You can use our comment section if you’ll need supplementary information for understand this procedure.