In our days it’s good to have a copy for your information, never know when we have need a text messages from a friend or our boss received in our smart phone and deleted, when I searching in internet to find an application for Backup SMS on Android, I found one of the best application which make this. SMS Backup & Restore, is a free app available on Google play store and have a user-friendly interface with more options, I will share with you some option before we start the instruction for make backup and restore for our SMS messages on Android.
Features for SMS Backup & Restore:
- You can now backup your SMS Messages in one easily mod and a universal extension, XML format.
- It’s easy to choose a scheduled time to make automatically your backup for SMS in your phone everyday.
- For be an individual backup every time when you want, now you can choose the name of the file to backup to.
- Have a great Option to add and XSL style sheet to the XML file, this thing make it this file to be open easily with a browser web like Firefox or Internet Explorer.
- The Backup format not depends of which Android versions you use so the messages can be portable easily from one phone to another, Tested with v1.5 to v4.0.
- An option which permit to select the individual conversations to backup.
- Choose the format for the auto-generated file name.
- Function for Restore SMS Messages with a great option to select the backup file to be restored from the folder.
- View Messages in the backup files.
- Possibility to delete all SMS Messages on your Android Phone.
- Email a backup file.
- Option to delete existing backup files plus an option to delete old files automatically, after specified number of days.
- Import SMS messages from Windows Mobile, from Nokia and from Sony Ericsson.
- You can view and edit on your computer using MS excel the backup files imported from your android.(click here to see how) .
How to Backup SMS on Android.
- First go to access the Market icon on your Android device.
- On the search box of Market store application type SMS Backup and Restore, and then press on search button.
- When the results appear press “SMS Backup & Restore”, and install it.
- Now wait to finishing the installation of program and tap the “SMS Backup& Restore” icon on your Android phone to run it..
- Now a GUI interface will be displayed and go to press “Backup SMS Messages” Button.
- Enter file name and press on “OK” button.
- The application will start SMS Backup immediately the process on your android device.
- Press the “Close” button when SMS Backup is completed.
Note: This SMS backup file will be stored on your Micro SD card.
How to Restore SMS on Android with SMS Backup & Restore application
After SMS backup process you have the backup file and now you want to restore one or more SMS messages.
- First transfer the SMS backup file on your SD Card on your Android phone.
- Run the SMS Backup & Restore application and after the GUI application is displayed press Restore SMS Messages button.
- Chose a SMS backup file that want to restore and after press on Ok button.
- The application will start restoring the SMS messages on Android.
- After the restoring process is finished press “Close” button.
Now all your SMS messages are restored from your backup file.
Download SMS Backup & Restore