If you are an owner for the Verizon variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number SCH-I535 then you need to know that it can now be updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean using the CM 10.1 custom ROM latest version.
As you probably know that the CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM firmware is very popular and is one of the most stable customs ROM developed by Android Open Source Project-based firmware teams.
Before starting our step by step tutorial some prerequisites and guidelines are required to be followed first.
Prerequisites and guidelines required:
- For installing CM 10.1, you need to have a custom recovery image such as CWM (ClockworkMod), instead of the stock recovery tool. That custom recovery is required for installing the custom ROM zip.
- Backup all your important data stored on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 model number SCH-I535 device, and save your personal data, settings and applications.
- Android Source (Android.sc) cannot be liable or held responsible if during or at the end of the updating process you’ll lose any data or you’ll brick or damage your device, users should apply this step by step guide at their own risk. All instructions and information listed here are provided only for instructional and educational purpose.
- The devices’s battery must be charged at least 85 %, otherwise your device can get a forced power off in the middle of the flashing process and can brick your handset.
- A computer and the original USB cable are required to be near of you.
- Download and install suitable USB drivers on your PC, you can download the proper drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 model number SCH-I535 device from here
- Enable the USB Debugging from the next path: Setting > Developer options > USB Debugging.
- The Samsung Galaxy S3 model number SCH-I535 should be rooted and to have a custom recovery tool (CWM) installed before move next.
Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535) using CM 10.1.
- Download the CyanogenMod (CM) 10.1 based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM firmware file from Here.
- Download Google Apps from here.
- Now, connect the Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535) to the PC with the help of its USB cord.
- Next, move with copy and paste all zip files downloaded at the first step to the SD card of the smartphone, do not extract them.
- Disconnect the Samsung Galaxy S3 from the PC by removing the USB cord.
- Power off your phone.
- Now, boot the Samsung Galaxy S3 into CWM recovery. For doing that press and keep holding the next combination of buttons: Volume Up + Home +Power buttons on the same time till you’ll see the Samsung logo on the device’s screen. Release all the buttons for a second and hold the buttons again, for entering the CWM mode menu. For navigating between options on the CWM menu, use the Volume keys and use the Power key to select an option.
- Next, select “wipe data/ factory reset,” and then “Yes” after that select “wipe cache partition.” To perform a cache wipe action.
- Select “install zip from sdcard,” and after that “choose zip from sdcard.” Browse and find the copied CM 10.1 zip file and select the same, use the Power button for selecting the same.
- Now, confirm for install on the next screen.
- Wait until the flashing process is done.
- Repeat the step but for this time select Google Apps zip file for install the same.
- When the flashing process is totally done, back on the CWM recovery menu and choose the “reboot system now.”
- The device now will boot for the first time into the CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 JB custom ROM firmware.
Congratulation, now you successfully learned how to install the CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on the Galaxy S3 model number SCH-I535.
In case the smartphone gets stuck, on the boot or if it will entering into a boot loop you have to perform a wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache, and after that reboot your device.