The Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 users from China, Hong Cong and Taiwan recently has been received the latest Android 4.1.2 ZSLSJ firmware pushed by OTA for their S2 device, but for all other users that aren’t on these countries, today I will present you a tutorial about how you can flash the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update ZSLSJ firmware for their Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 smartphone.
The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ZSLSJ firmware comes with some new features like TouchWiz Nature UX (The User interface from the Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone), latest version for Google Now, New widgets features, Buttery Smooth Performance and Great Stability, Samsung’s S Cloud services integrated, free 50GB space on the Dropbox Storage system, 2 Home screen modes, new Lockscreen with a lot of customizations available, and other multiple features.
In order to install with success this official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for your Samsung Galaxy S2 device model no I9100, make sure you don’t skip any step of the below tutorial and understand clearly what you have to do:
- This guide, and all instructions included on it is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100 device, so do not use this tutorial for any other different model.
- Be sure that you have a Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 unlocked and not carrier-locked.
- Your smartphone should be on a full official stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean released by Samsung, do not apply this guide for a rooted SGS2 device.
- Backup all your critical data stored in your device’s internal memory before to proceed at the installation process. This installing process doesn’t delete your data or the data content of the internal or external SD card memory, but our recommendations are to back-up all your data.
- You’ll use a Windows PC, and make sure you have the proper USB drivers installed on it. In other way if you don’t have the drivers installed, the ODIN software used for flashing process won’t be able to detect your smartphone.
- From the S2 menu, on the Android Developer Options, you have to enable the USB debugging option, this function will helps your device to communicate with the PC.
- Verify your device’s battery power level, this level should be more than 60% power left; otherwise your device can take a forced power off in the middle off the flashing process and can damage your smartphone.
- Use this guide only if you’re an advanced Android User and you know what you’re doing with your device.
- The Android.sc team cannot be blame or held responsible in case you lose data or something goes wrong and brick your device. This guide is provided only for instructional and educational purpose. The decision is only on your own risk, to apply it or not.
I think that’s all the prerequisites you’ve need in order to follow. If youfollowed all the above step then you can move to the next section, where you need to don’t skip any step or their correct order.
How to Update the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 with Official Android 4.1.2 ZSLSJ Jelly Bean firmware
- Firstly download the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ZSLSJ firmware from HERE, save it in your computer and after the download is done extract its content and save the .tar.md5 file on your computer.
- Secondly, download ODIN 3.07 from HERE, save it in your PC and after the download has been made extract its contents in one single folder on your PC.
- Now, Power off your SG2 device.
- After your device has been completed power off, boot it into Download Mode. To do that press and keep holding the Volume down, Home and Power buttons in the same time.
- Now, from your PC, launch the ODIN app by clicking in the extracted ODIN folder on the ODIN.exe file.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 device to your computer using the original USB cable, while the smartphone is in the Download Mode menu. After you connected your smartphone to PC, the ODIN software should notify you with an ‘added!’ message. If the messages was displayed,you can move to the next step.
- From the Odin interface click the ‘PDA’ button and browse for the Android 4.1.2 ZSLSJ firmware .tar file, after you find it load the same into ODIN. Important: Don’t make any change in the default settings of ODIN app, and verify and make sure the ‘re-partition’ option is disabled.
- Press the Start button from the ODIN interface when you’re ready to flash your device. Now you should to wait around 5 minutes, until the installation process will be completed.
- When the firmware installation is complete you’ll see your Samsung Galaxy S2 device will get a reboot and the ODIN app will notify you with a “PASS” message. This thing means that the installation process has been completed, and your device reboot firstly on the ZSLSJ Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware, you need to wait a few minutes to load all the new files for the first boot time.
Congratulation, now you successfully learnt how to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 device with the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update.
Important: Do not try to use this update and this tutorial in any other device of the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 you risk to brick the device.
Note 1: in case the Odin app will say ‘FAIL’ or freezes then you have to repeat the above tutorial once more time. First close the ODIN app, power the SG2 smartphone and remove for few seconds its battery, reinsert the battery in its placement and repeat the above tutorial starting with the step 4.
Note 2: In case the ODIN app says process complete, but your smartphone doesn’t boot into Normal Android Mode, in this case you need to reboot your device in the Recovery Mode and from there you need to choose to make a wipe data from ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option. After that, your device should to boot with the new installed Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean ZSLSJ firmware.
These’re all steps, if you’ve any other questions or you need more help, please don’t hesitate to contact us in our comment section.