Today we will present you a step by step guide where you will teach how manually update your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 smartphones with the official Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSN OS available for S2 device.
The Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSN OS update is a minor update that comes to resolve the issues and the bags presented on the previous Android 4.1.2 XWLSJ update. In additional this latest update available for S2 smartphones comes with new features and new elements in the Android operating system Graphics interface.
This guide is for all the users who cannot update their S2 device via OTA or KIES because this latest update isn’t available yet for their countries.
In order to complete the manually update your Samsung Galaxy S2 device with the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XWLSN OS then you need to follow this below presented step by step guide.
- For installing this specific official update for Galaxy S 2 device model no I9100 you will use the ODIN software which is a specific tool that helps you to flash the ROM in your device. This guide can be applied for S2 un-rooted smartphones, but if your smartphone is rooted after you’ll apply this official update the root rights will be revoked. When you flash an official update in one rooted device, at the end of the flashing process the device’s warranty will be restored.
- The main features that the latest Jelly Bean 4.1.2 9 XWLSN OS bring are the free 50GB space available for the Dropbox Storage, a new lock screen, direct call, the new TouchWiz Nature UX feature smart stay, direct call, S Cloud services and more. This latest Jelly Bean 4.1.2 9 XWLSN update is more stable and brigs a significant Android experience for your S2 device.
- Before starting the manually update, step by step tutorial for the S2 device, you need to follow some prerequisites that are necessary to be followed first, all these prerequisites are presented into a below guidelines:
- This tutorial and all instructions listed here are compatible and can be used only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 model no I9100, do no try to use them for any other device; you’re risking to bricking them.
- Backup all your data stored on the internal storage memory of your S2 device. Normally, when you use ODIN to flash firmware the data should be in safe to don’t lose any information, but in case soothing will doesn’t work well you need to have a backup for all your data to have the possibility to restore the same if you have been lost any data.
- Like I said before, the S2 device doesn’t have to be a rooted device, but also this latest update can be flashed in on rooted S2 device too.
- A windows computer will be used to flash the XWLSN firmware, also in the flashing process you’ll use the S2 device and its original USB cord.
- Deactivate or uninstall the security applications like antivirus and firewall from devices, PC and S2 device. These programs can interfere with the updating process.
- Enable the USB debugging option from the following path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Verify your device’s battery charge level, there should to be more than 70% power left, to be sure your device won’t take a forced power off in the middle of the updating process.
- Download and install the Samsung KIES app from HERE and install the proper S2 drivers on your computer.
- This tutorial and all instructions listed here are provided only for instructional and educational purpose, so we cannot be responsible or liable in case you brick your device or lose any data.
- Read and understand clearly all the steps and their correct order.
I think that’s all prerequisites that you need to follow, and now you can move to the manually updating procedure.
How to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSN OS – manually procedure
- Download the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSN OS update file from here and extract the same on your PC.
- Download the Odin app and install it in your Computer.
- Open the ODIN application on your PC.
- Now, power off your device.
- Boot your S2 into the download mode, to do that you need to press on Power, Volume Down and Menu buttons simultaneous, and when the Download Mode menu is displayed then release the buttons.
- Now, connect the SGS2 device to the PC using the original USB cable.
- When the connection between S2 and PC is established, the ODIN app should to notify you: the ID: COM area is colored yellow or blue and the “added” message is showed. In case, this message isn’t displayed then you need to reinstall once more again the drivers on your PC. After you have been installed the drivers, repeat the procedure from the beginning.
- Now, from the ODIN app select the “PDA” button
- Browse the update file and pick it, from your PC.
- Important: don’t change any ODIN settings; verify if the Re-partition box is checked.
- When you want to begin the updating process click on “START” button on the Odin app.
- Wait until the update process is totally done, the ODIN will notify you with the “pass” message.
- Disconnect the SGS2 device from your PC by removing the USB cord.
- Reboot the S2 smartphone.
- Wait until the first boot will be complete, this first boot will take more time than usual, it is normal.
Troubleshooting for the Issues in case something doesn’t work well:
If, on the end of the update process your S2 smartphone will enter in a boot loop, you need to follow the next procedure:
- Power off your S2 device, and boot it into the Recovery Mode. To do that you need to press and keep holding the Power, Volume Up and Menu buttons simultaneous, until the Recovery Mode will be displayed.
- From the Recovery Mode menu do a wipe, for doing that select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- After you have been made the wipe, back to the main Recovery Mode menu by selecting the “+++go back+++” option and select “reboot system now”.
If the ODIN app will get stuck or froze the update process you need to apply the next procedure:
- Firstly, close the Odin app.
- Remove the USB cable from the computer.
- Using the KIES app reinstalls the proper drivers for Galaxy S2 device.
- Open the ODIN app again, and repeat the update procedure from the beginning.
Congratulation, now you successfully learnt how manually update the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 device with the official Android 4.12. Jelly Bean XWLSN OS.
For any other supplementary questions, please use our comment section.