The developers make improvements always for the Android OS, and when they have a stable version for the Android OS, they push this new version like an official Android OS version compatible with each device individually.
So in this article we will teach you how you can update manually your Galaxy S Duos model no S7562 to the ICS 4.0.4 XXAMC1 OS firmware. This method is a good opportunity to improve your Galaxy S Duos device’s performances with a new and officially version of ICS which has been released by Samsung Company.
This new firmware named XXAMC1 comes with some new features but more this update is a most stable version as the previous one, and comes to resolve the reported issues and bugs from the previous platform.
The present tutorial has been made to help you if you want to install manually the ICS 4.0.4 XXAMC1 on the Galaxy S Duos S7562 device, so for that you need to follow the below step by step guide.
After you flashed this new ICS 4.0.4 XXAMC1 OS update, you’ll resolve the bugs from the default stock ROM that run on the S Duos device as WI-FI problems or Network issues. With this update, you’ll enjoy a stable ICS experience, and in additional you’ll have all the new features, tools and the applications specify for this firmwareversion.
The ICS 4.0.4 XXAMC1 OS can also be installed by OTA or by using the KIES app on your S Duos smartphone.
Before you begin the manual update procedure you need to prepare and follow some prerequisites that are presented below:
All the information and the instructions listed here are compatible and can be used only with the Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 device so do not use the same for any other similar devices. The presented article is only for educational and instructional purpose, and we cannot be responsible or liable if something wrong is happening with your device.
This guide can be applied for your Samsung Galaxy S Duo device only if has the root access and has a custom ROM flashed on it.
Because the ICS 4.0.4 XXAMC1 software is official firmware released by Samsung, this manually procedure of flashing this update won’t void the warranty of your smartphone.
For the rooted smartphones, this update will revoke the root access. For the smartphones that running a custom ROM firmware the warranty will be restore because you’ll install a stock update on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos device.
To be able to install this update you’ll need to use the ODIN app, which is especially designed for this kind of guides.
A windows PC is required during the process, the Galaxy S Duos device, and an original USB cable for connecting the smartphone to the PC, where the ODIN software will running.
Deactivate or uninstall the security tools like Antivirus and Firewall from your devices, PC and smartphone, these programs can interfere with the flashing process and can interrupt the same.
Charge your smartphone’s battery to have more than 70% power left, in other way you’re risking to receive a forced power off from your S Duos device in the middle of flashing process.
A full backup is necessary in case you want to be sure to don’t lose any data during the updating process. Normally when use ODIN app your data are safe, but if something work wrong you can lose important information or personal data. So do a full backup and save your SMS, contacts, call logs, the EFS, the applications that you’re running in your smartphone, internet settings and all your documents that are essential for you.
Download and install the Samsung KIES app and install the proper drivers for your device.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 model to Official ICS 4.0.4 XXAMC1 OS firware: Manually method
- Download the ODIN app from here, save it in your PC and extract its content.
- Download the update firmware file from here save it in your PC and extract the update file on your Desktop PC.
- Install and open the ODIN app on your computer.
- Now, turn off your Samsung Galaxy S duos device.
- Boot your S Duos device into the Download mode, to do that you need to press on the Volume UP, Menu and power buttons on the same time.
- Connect your device to PC using the USB cable
- When the connection is established the ODIN app will notify you with the “added” message that will be displayed on the Odin interface, the ID:COM section should be colored on yellow or blue.
- If different you will have to reinstall the drivers on the PC and repeat the same steps.
- Now from the ODIN app select “PDA”,browse and pick up the update file from your desktop PC.
- When you want to start the flashing process click on “start” button from the ODIN app. The updating process will start immediately.
- When the updating process is done a “pass” message will be displayed on the ODIN interface.
- Disconnect your device from the PC and reboot your Samsung Galaxy S Duos smartphone.
Note: if the ODIN app get stuck or frozen, you need to:
- Close the ODIN app.
- Disconnect your device from the PC by removing the USB cable.
- Restart your device and reinstall the drivers once again in your PC,
- Repeat the guide from the beginning.
Note: If your device gets a Boot Loop then you need to do:
- Reboot your S Duos device into the Recovery Mode.
- Perform a “wipe data factory reset” and after that “wipe cache partition”.
- Now back to the main Recovery Mode menu with the “+++go back+++” option and from the main menu choose “reboot system now”.
That’s all; you successfully learnt how manually update your Samsung Galaxy S Duos device with the official ICS 4.0.4 firmware.
Let us know in our comment section how this update improves your device’s performances.