Great news for the S4 GT-I9500 from Trinidad and Tobago users, a new update firmware is now available by OTA for their device; this latest update is named UBUAMDK and is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean platform. This presented guide is provided for the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 users who cannot install this latest update by OTA. It can be manually downloaded and installed using our step by step guide on any Samsung Galaxy S4 model number I9500 device, following the next instructions.
This preset new firmware doesn’t come to change many things in your device; it is more such as bug fixed and to increase your device’s performances over its previous version. We will use the ODIN app software to flash this new firmware, it is a powerful dedicated tool developed by Samsung especially for flashing different file on Samsung devices. This firmware cannot be installed by using a custom recovery Image such CWM or TWRP recovery.
This latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware UBUAMDK version has PDA: I9500UBUAMDK, CSC: I9500UUBAMDK and has been released on April, 2013.
We will teach you how to install this firmware in the next two parts, in the first one we will teach you the prerequisites that are required to be followed before to move to the second one part where we will present you the step by step firmware installation guide, So let’s begin with the first part where the key points to remember are that:
Use this official firmware (UBUAMDK) and all instructions listed here only for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 model, do not try to install the same for any other similar devices. For verifying your device’s model number, you have to navigate to the next path and to note down from here: Settings > About Phone.
Download and install the suitable USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 device on your PC. If you don’t have the correct drivers, installed then you can download Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 USB drivers from the link.
This is a manually method to install new firmware, and that’s why we strongly recommend you to back up your important data and applications on the Android device. If you have already installed a Recovery custom image tool, such as CWM or TWRP use them to take a full Nandroid backup for your actual ROM which is running in your S4 device. Take a full backup for your personal data such as a precaution, in case something wrong it’s happening then you can restore your data.
Enable USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy S4 device by following these instructions:
- Navigate to Settings > About Phone, then scroll down until you’ll see the Build Number option, now tap on the Build number area seven times and with this action you’ll unlock the hidden Developer Options exactly under Settings option. Next only enables the USB Debugging mode option by selecting the checkbox from there.
- Charge your device’s battery at more than 80% power left.
- Apply this tutorial only if your S4 device is factory unlocked and isn’t locked in any specific carrier.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery image installed on it such as CWM (ClockworkMod) tool.
- A windows PC will be used during the flashing tutorial, original USB cable, and S4 device need to be near of you. For Linux and Mac OS systems you’ll need to emulate using the CrossOver the environment to use ODIN app.
- All the information and instructions listed here are provided for reference and educational only. We (Android.sc team) cannot be responsible or held liable if you’ll lose any data or if your device is bricked or damage during or after flashing the new firmware. Use this tutorial only on own risk.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 to Official Android 4.2.2 UBUADMK Jelly Bean Firmware – Step By Step guide:
- Download and save on your PC the new Jelly Bean UBUADMK from the link.
- Download the Odin 3.07 on your PC.
- Now, extract the downloaded archive zip file preferable on the desktop and be sure you’ll obtain a ‘.tar.md5′ file and additional some other files -optional.
- Install the Odin app and Open the same on your PC as an Administrator.
- Now power off the S4 device, remove its battery, wait around 5 seconds and reinsert its battery in its location.
- Next, boot the S4 device into Download Mode. For doing that, press and keep holding the next combination of buttons: Volume Down, Home and Power button on the same time until a “Warning!” message will be displayed, now press the Volume Up button to confirm you want to enter into Download Mode.
- With the devices booted into the Download Mode, connect the smartphone to PC using its USB cable.
- Now, look on the ODIN interface and when the smartphone is connected successfully, the Odin app will notify you with a message box which says “Added!”. This added message will be located in the bottom left of the ODIN interface.
- In case the message fails to and doesn’t appear you have to disconnect your device and try another USB port, reinstall the USB drivers on your PC again.
- If all things work good and the Odin app says “Added!!” message, you can move to the next step to the next step.
- Make sure in the ODIN interface the ID: COM box will be collared in yellow color together with a Port number. That’s confirm you the device is added successfully.
- Now, Open the folder where you’ve extracted the downloaded firmware zip file (I9500UBUAMDK folder) and chose the following files using ODIN app:
- Firstly, select and click the PDA checkbox from the ODIN, browse and click the file which is named ‘.tar.md5’. this file is required.
- Secondly, select and click the Phone checkbox from the ODIN , browse and select the file that contain ‘modem’ in its name. If this file isn’t there, you can ignore this step.
- Now, select and click the CSC checkbox, browse and load the file which contain the ‘CSC‘ in its name, if this file isn’t in the extracted folder then you can skip this step.
- Choose the PIT checkbox from the ODIN app, browse and load the .pit file if is there, if not skip this step.
- Important:make sure on the Odin app the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are enabled, if not select them respective checkboxes.
- Make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected; only if a .pit file is loaded in the previous step with the help of the ODIN app.
- Now click the START button to starting the installation process.
- Now wait until the flashing process is done, when it is finished the device will reboot automatically, and the ODIN app will say PASS message collared with a green background
- Disconnect the device from the PC, by safety disconnecting the USB cable from PC.
That’s it your device Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 is running now on Official Android 4.2.2 UBUAMDK Jelly Bean firmware.
For verifying the version of your OS that is running on your S4 device, navigate to Settings > About Phone.
Troubleshooting and advice to solve the issues:
- In case your device is stuck at the moment of the boot animation or when the Samsung logo appear, then you have to do:
- Force reboot the device into recovery mode. To do that press and keep holding the Volume Up, Home and Power button simultaneous.
- When your device is in the recovery mode menu, select Wipe data/Factory Reset and after that Wipe Cache Partition.
- Now, comeback in the main recovery mode menu and select the reboot system now option. To navigate between the option on the recovery menu, use the Volume keys and for selecting an option use Power key button.
- Important: When you do a data wiping task, all your data stored into smartphone’s internal memory will be erasing.
Don’t hesitate to use our comment section for any supplementary questions or if you’re in the face of issues regarding this article.