A powerful new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update has been rolled out Samsung for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 model smartphone, that latest update allow its users to move if their want the applications to external SD card.
As you know that the Samsung Galaxy S4 device which has 16 GB offers only a part of this memory for store the data from the users, exactly we speak about 9.15 GB available and accessible memory for its users.
With this latest officially update, the S4 owners can store and move their application on the External SD card that’s means it will increase the available storage for the internal memory to 9.23 GB and the possibility to move applications to the external SD card memory.
Additionally the new Android 4.2.2 firmware update comes with some new features such as a new camera firmware, Purple effect while scrolling issue has been resolved, move applications to SD card memory, Smart Pause Toggle, now you can record HDR video with HDR video feature, Semi-transparent status bar feature, some new Icons in Settings, Increase legibility, Secure boot status in the About Phone zone.
This new firmware is available for Samsung Galaxy S4 (Snapdragon based) model number GT-I9505 in Germany, but such as our source SamMobile reported, this update will be rolled out for Samsung Galaxy S4 Exynos based GT-I9500 device and for other countries.
If you want to know some firmware details about this new firmware, then this update is only for S4 GT-I9505, has been released for Germany S4 GT-I9505 devices, it is based on Android 4.2.2 platform, it has DBT Product Code, PDA: I9505XXUBMEA, CSC: I9505OXABMEA, MODEM: I9505XXUBMEA, Changelist: 768421 and it has been built on Wednesday, 29 May 2013.
This firmware has been pushed out by OTA and also, it is available via Samsung Kies tool. This actual step by step guide is provided for all users who want to install this firmware manually on their device or for the users which on their handset is running a custom ROM firmware and of course for the regions where it has not yet received by OTA or Kies.
So, in order successfully install the new Android4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy S4 device GT I9505 version make sure you don’t skip any step from our step by step guide from below:
Note: this update can be flashed on any Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 model if the smartphone is an unlocked device.
- Backup all your data, this thing is extremely important when you want to perform a manually guide over your device. You never know what can happens, and for that make sure you backup all your personal data and applications. During the tutorial for the users residing outside Germany m they may need to do a factory reset for rebooting their smartphone.
- Verify and make sure that the S4 device’s battery has more than 85 % power left. Otherwise, you can receive a forced power off in the middle of the flashing process, that unfortunately thing can damage your smartphone.
- Download and install on your PC the suitable USB drivers for S4 device.
- Now, enable USB Debugging option.
- You need to know that after you install the new update on your S4 smartphone you’ll lose the custom options that you’ve performed, and also you’ll lose all the custom files, custom ROMs, custom recovery image such as ClockWorkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery in case you have such one.
- Also, after installing this latest update, the root rights will be revoked, and if you want to re-root your device then you need to apply a proper root guide for S4 GT- I9505 device which is running on this latest update.
- This process is working only for the Samsung Galaxy S4 model number GT- I9505, Do not try to apply the same for any other similar device, you risk bricking them.
- All te information listed here are especially made for educational and instructional purposing, and we cannot be responsible or held liable if you want to perform this guide for your device, user should apply this tutorial at their own risk.
- I think these are all the prerequisites necessary to by applied before to move at the next section where we will teach you how manually install the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS.
Flash Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OTA Update for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
- Firstly you need to download the latest firmware file. The size for this file is 1.5GB
- Extract the downloaded file and you should obtain a .tar.md5 file.
- Now, download ODIN 3.07 and extract its content in a single file, preferable on your desktop folder. You’ll obtain an Odin file with the .exe extension and some other functionally files.
- Now, power off the smartphone.
- Boot the S4 device into Download Mode. For doing that you need to press and keep holding the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons in the same time. When the warning message will appear press the Volume UP button.
- Next, open ODIN v3.07.exe app as an Administrator on your PC.
- Now, connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 device to your PC using its original USB cord while the device is on the Download Mode.
- Make sure that on the ODIN app interface, you see the ID:COM section colored on Yellow color, and the “Added!!” message is displayed. If not, you need to change the USB port and to reinstall the suitable drivers once again.
- Now, from ODIN app click on PDA button and browse and load the extracted .tar.md5 file which you’ve been obtained on the Step 2.
- Important: make sure that in ODIN app the re-partition checkbox is not selected and do not do any other supplementary configurations on Odin.
- Click on the Start button to stat the flashing process.
- When the installation process is done, the S4 device will be automatically rebooted.
- Disconnect your device from PC when the Samsung Logo will be displayed.
- That’s all.
- If your S4 device refuse to boot after the new firmware has been installed you have to do
- Force to stop the S4 device by removing its battery, wait around 5 seconds and reinsert the battery in its place.
- Boot the device into recovery mode (press the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons simultaneous).
- From recovery mode menu select the “wipe data/factory reset” option and confirm.
- After the data wipe action is done, return to the main recovery menu and from there select “reboot system now” option.
Note: when you perform data wipe for your device all the personal data will be erase, that’s why is necessary to make a full back up before you apply a manually update firmware.