Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300T to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean DUEMA1 Firmware
If you’re an owner for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300T then you should to know that a new official update now is available for your device, this new update is named the DUEMA1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Many of the S3 users probably have received this latest update by OTA on their device, but for users who cannot update automatically with this firmware their SGS3 device, we will teach you a step by step guide about how to update the Samsung Galaxy S3 device with the latest DUEMA1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. This method is perfect to be used for all that have installed and running a custom ROM firmware or have a rooted device.In case you don’t receive this update by OTA or you cannot use the KIES application to install this new firmware also you can use this manual guide.
When you want to install the DUEMA1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official stock update you need to know that you don’t have to use a custom recovery image like CWM or TWRP tools or to have a rooted device. For installing this official update during the procedure, we will use the ODIN application. Also after, you have installed the DUEMA1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update into S3 device you can apply a proper root method to obtain the root rights in your S3 Smartphone.
The Android 4.1.2 DUEMA1 Firmware has the PDA: I9300TDUEMA1 no and CSC: I9300TTHLEMA1, has been released on the Date: 2013-01-28, Regions: Thailand.
Before starting the step by step guide, you need to follow some prerequisites that are necessarily to by applied first and a preparation guidelines is also required to be followed before you move to the manually updating guide:
- Firstly you need know that this guide and all instructions listed here are provided only for educational and instructional purpose, so don’t blame us or liable in case something doesn’t work well or you’ll lose any data during the update process.
- Remember you don’t skip any step from this tutorial and the correct order for them, and do not do any step if you don’t have enough experience and you aren’t an advanced android user.
- Backup all the data that you have stored on your device’s internal memory, to make sure you can restore them in case your smartphone doesn’t boot in the new firmware update.
- Save you SMS, EFS folder, call logs, internet setting, sync your contacts with your Gmail account, backup your entire market app or any data that you think is important for you. Always is better to have a backup for your personal data, before you start to make changes on your device, like a firmware update.
- When you’re installing official firmware, the warranty for your device will be restored if you have installed a custom ROM previously or your device has been rooted before.
- Charge your device’s battery to have more than 70% power left, if there isn’t enough power your S3 device can get a forced power off and you’ll risk bricking the same.
- Install the proper USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300T device to your Windows PC, this computer well be used to flash the update file with the ODIN app installed on it.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode option, this thing will make possible connection between the Android device and your PC.
- You need to know that the present tutorial is for a carrier unlocked and bootloader unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 devices. So do not try to install this update on a locked device without an explicit mentioned point in the step by step guide.
- This tutorial and all instructions listed here can be applied only for Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300T, do not try to apply the same for any other device, you can end-of by bricking them.
- After you have installed the official update on your device all additional customization as root, custom Recovery image, custom ROM and so on will lose. If you want to root your device after the flashing update you can use a proper guide to root it. To unroot the device again official firmware need to be flashed on your device.
- Run the ODIN application as Administrator or with Administrator rights for your profile on your PC.
- Use ODIN only with the Window based PCs, if you have other OS you can use Heimdall app.
How to update the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official firmware TDUEMA1 version on the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 device – manually update:
- Firstly download the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I9300TDUEMA1 file from here and save it in your PC.
- Now, extract once the downloaded zip file on your Desktop, you should to have a .tar.md5 file after you extracted the archive.
- Download the Odin 3.07 in your PC, save it in your PC and extract its content in one single folder, you should to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and other few files.
- Turn off completely your S3 phone and after that boot it into Download Mode. To entering in the Download Mode for Galaxy S3 I9300T you need to press and hold in the same time the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons until the Android logo robot will be displayed. Now press on the Power button once more and you’re now in the Download Mode.
- Open the Odin3 v3.07.exe file that you already extracted previously as an Administrator
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 device to your PC using the USB cord, when the connection is done you’ll see on the ODIN app interface a message saying “Added!!”.
- If the “Added!!”. Message don’t appear you need to try another USB port. If this not resolve the connection issues then you have to reinstall the USB drivers once more again.
- Now, when the ODIN say “Added!!” message and also you need to see the COM port colored on blue or yellow color that means you can move to the next step, because your device has been successfully connected.
- Now, you need to load the update files from the I9300TDUEMA1 folder, that you created when you have extracted the downloaded archive. To load the files you need to:
- Click the PDA button, browse the .tar.md5 and load it.
Click the Phone Button and select the file that contain the *modem* in its name, add this file only if you have it on the extracted firmware folder.
Click on the CSC button and load the file that contain the *csc* in its name, add this file only if you have in the extracted update folder.Click the PIT button, browse and select the .pit file. only if you have extracted previously, in the firmware folder.
- In the ODIN windows do not change any settings, only make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are only two that are selected. Make sure that the Re-Partition checkbox is selected in case you added a .pit file in Odin app.
- When you’re ready to flash the new firmware on your S3 device, press the START button.
- Now, wait until the flashing process is done. During the installation process your smartphone will reboot automatically and when is done the installation and PASS message with the green background will notify you the update process is completely done.
- Now disconnect your device from your PC by safely removing its USB cord.
- That’s all you need to follow in order to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 device with the Android Jelly Bean build I9300TDUEMA1 firmware.
Note: If your Galaxy S3 I9300T stuck or entering an a boot loop, then you need to enter in the recovery mode again. To do this press and keep the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneous. And from the Recovery Mode Menu perform a Wipe data/Factory Reset and after that Wipe Cache Partition. Now comeback in the main menu of the Recovery Mode Menu and select reboot system now option to reboot your device.After your smartphone has been booted the first time in the new Android 4.1.2 update firmware you can verify the update version from the next path: Settings > About phone.
If you need more help or you are in the face of some issues to complete this tutorial please don’t hesitate to ask in our comment section.