For users who cannot update their Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device with the latest Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 by OTA, today we will teach you how you can update manually your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with the latest Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware.
The OTA version has been pushed only for some selected markets, and if you want to install it on your device and you aren’t in this primary list then the only one solution is that you need manually install the XXDMC3 OS on your Galaxy Note 2 phablet.
This new version of the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMC3 ROM comes to solve some bugs that the previous versions have (XXDMB2, XXDMB5 and XXDMB6) ROMs released by Samsung have, but this new version comes in additionally with some new features and improvements in its user interface; also the battery life receives improvements and your Note will work faster with this latest update, you’ll gain the more customization possibility and the more optimization for its process.
To conclude, this new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDMC3 firmware in a stable platform which can be manually update in your Note device if you want to enjoy a new official ROM and a stable new Android OS.
Like I said before, this latest update is available to be installed by OTA or using the KIES app only for a few markets. If your device is rooted you won’t be able to update this new update over the OTA, that’s means the manually method is the only way to install the new XXDMC3 firmware on your Note 2 smartphone.
Before to start you need to know this step by step tutorial should be made only if you are an Advanced Android user and you know that kind of operations are risky if you do something wrong. So in order successfully complete this tutorial and learn the step by step procedure, don’t skip any line from the next sections.
- In first section, you need to follow some prerequisites that are required to be applied before.
- This guide is provided only for educational and instructional purpose, so don’t blame us or liable in case something goes wrong with your device or you’ll lose any data during the updating process.
- This step by step guide is compatible and works for rooted and unrooted Note2 device, but for the rooted devices after you’ll apply this update the root access will be revoked. And the bootloader, also will be relocked.
- Also, the warranty for your device will be restored if your device actually running a custom ROM and is rooted.
- Backup all your critical data stored in your device’s internal memory, because during the updating process a wipe of the memory is required, so in order to don’t lose any data from your device backup your data like SMS, call logs, sync your contacts with the Gmail account, EFS Folder, market applications and if you have installed a custom Recovery image, do a Nandroid backup for your actual installed ROM.
- A windows PC will be necessary; also the original USB cable and the Note 2 device have to be near of you.
- Disable or deactivate the security application from both device android device and the PC, these programs (antivirus, firewall) can interfere with the updating process and can interrupt it.
- The device’s battery need to have sufficiently power left on its level charge and for that charge the device’s battery full if you want to be sure your device won’t get a forced power off in the middle of the updating process.
- From the following path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”, you have to enable the USB debugging option.
- The present tutorial and all instructions listed here are compatible and work only with the Samsung Galaxy Note model number N7100, so don’t use the same for any other similar devices, because you’re risk bricking them.
- Download and install the proper drivers for your Note models, you can do that by installing the KIES app from HERE
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMC3 firmware:
- Firstly, download the Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMC3 update file from here, after you downloaded and saved in your PC; extract its content on your desktop PC.
- Secondly, download and install the ODIN application.
- Open the ODIN app from your PC.
- Now, turn of the Note 2 7100 device and enter into its download mode.
- For entering into the Download Mode you need to press and hold the following buttons combination: Power, Volume Down and Menu buttons simultaneous.
- Now, connect your Note 2 device to the computer using the USB cord.
- After you’ve connected the smartphone, on ODIN app you should to see the “added” message displayed, and the ID:COM collared yellow or blue.
- In case you don’t have the above ODIN notifications, you have to close the ODIN, reinstall the drivers once again and to repeat all the steps from the beginning.
- After everything work without problems select from the ODIN app the “PDA” option.
- Now, browse and pick the downloaded and extracted update files, from the desktop.
- Important; DON’T make any changes un the ODIN default option, verify if the Re-partition selection is unchecked.
- When you’re ready to beginning the update process, click on START button from the ODIN app.
- When the update process is done, a “pass” message will be displayed on the ODIN app.
- Disconnect your device by removing the USB cord and reboot your NOTE 2 device.
The possible issues:
If the ODIN app gets stuck during the updating process you need to :
- Close the ODIN application
- Disconnect the USB cable from your PC.
- Restart your Samsung Note 2 device.
- Using the KIES app, reinstall the proper drivers from your phablet.
- Open once more the ODIN app.
- Connect again the Note 2 device to the PC using the USB cable.
- Repeat the update guide from the beginning.
If, in the end of the updating procedure, your Samsung Note 2 device will get stuck into a boot loop, follow the below steps:
- Firstly, reboot into recovery mode menu your device. To do this you need to press the Power, Volume Up and the Menu buttons together.
- Secondly, from the Recovery Mode menu, select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” and confirm your action.
- After the above actions go back in the main menu with the “+++go back+++” option.
- From the main menu of the Recovery Mode select the “reboot system now”.
- That all steps, that you need to follow in the presented issues.
Congratulations, now you know how you can update your Samsung Galaxy Note N719 to the officially Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDMC3 firmware. Test this latest official update and let us know in our comment section, what do you think about it.