Hey Samsung Galaxy users! Your Note 2 N7100 device has got a new update. You can update it with the latest Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 by OTA. The OTA version has been pushed only for some selected markets, and if you want to install it on your device and you aren’t in this primary list, only then this solution is for you to follow to install the XXDMC3 OS on your Galaxy Note 2 phablet.
This new version of the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMC3 ROM comes to solve some bugs that the previous versions (XXDMB2, XXDMB5 and XXDMB6) of ROMs released by Samsung had. This new version comes in addition to some new features and improvements in its user interface; also the battery life improvements and your Note will work faster with this latest update. You’ll also gain more customization possibilities and the more optimization for your device.
To conclude, this new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDMC3 firmware is a stable platform which can be manually updated in your Note device, if you want to enjoy a new official ROM and a stable new Android OS.
If your device is rooted, you won’t be able to update this new update over the OTA that means the manual method is the only way to install the new XXDMC3 firmware on your Note 2 smartphone.
Before starting to know this step-by-step tutorial, you should be sure enough that you are an advanced Android user. This is a risky operation if you do something wrong. So in order to successfully complete this tutorial and learn the step by step procedure, don’t skip any line from the next sections.
Pre-requisites and Guidelines:
- This guide is provided only for educational and instructional purposes, so don’t blame us or hold us liable in case something goes wrong with your device or you lose any data during the updating process.
- This guide is compatible and works for rooted and unrooted Note2 device, but for the rooted devices, once you apply this update, the root access will be revoked. And the bootloader will also be relocked.
- Also, the warranty for your device will be restored, if your device is actually running a custom ROM and is rooted.
- Back-up all your critical data stored in your device’ internal memory, because during the updating process, a wipe of the memory is required, so not to lose any data from your device back-up your data like SMS, call logs, sync your contacts with the Gmail account, EFS Folder, market applications and if you have installed a custom Recovery image, do a Nandroid back-up for your actual installed ROM.
- A windows PC will be necessary; also the original USB cable and the Note 2 device have to be with you near of you.
- Disable or deactivate the security application from both the devices, android device and the PC, these programs (antivirus, firewall) can interfere with the updating process and can interrupt it.
- The device’ battery needs to have sufficient power so that it doesn’t face force shut down during this process.
- From the following path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”, you have to enable the USB debugging option.
- The present tutorial and all instructions listed here are compatible and work only with the Samsung Galaxy Note model number N7100, so don’t use the same for any other similar devices, because you risk damaging your device.
- Download and install the proper drivers for your Note models, you can do that by installing the KIES app from HERE
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMC3 firmware:
- First of all, download the Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMC3 update file from here, after you downloaded and saved it in your PC; extract its content on your desktop PC.
- Tehn, download and install the ODIN application.
- Open the ODIN app from your PC.
- Now, turn of the Note 2 7100 device and enter into its download mode.
- For entering into the Download Mode, you need to press and hold the following buttons: Power, Volume Down and Menu buttons simultaneously.
- Now, connect your Note 2 device to the computer using the USB cord.
- After you’ve connected the smartphone, on ODIN app you should see the “added” message displayed, and the ID:COM collared yellow or blue.
- In case you don’t have the above ODIN notifications, you have to close the ODIN, reinstall the drivers once again and repeat all the steps from the beginning.
- After everything works well, select from the ODIN app the “PDA” option.
- Now, browse and pick the downloaded and extracted update files, from the desktop.
- Important; DON’T make any changes in the ODIN default option, verify if the Re-partition selection is unchecked.
- When you’re ready to begin the update process, click on START button from the ODIN app.
- When the update process is done, a “pass” message will be displayed on the ODIN app.
- Disconnect your device by removing the USB cord and reboot your NOTE 2 device.
The possible issues:
If the ODIN app gets stuck during the updating process you need to:
- Close the ODIN application
- Disconnect the USB cable from your PC.
- Restart your Samsung Note 2 device.
- Using the KIES app, reinstall the proper drivers from your phablet.
- Open once more the ODIN app.
- Connect again the Note 2 device to the PC using the USB cable.
- Repeat the update guide from the beginning.
If, in the end of the updating procedure, your Samsung Note 2 device gets stuck into a boot loop, follow the below steps:
- First of all, reboot into recovery mode menu your device. To do this, you need to press the Power, Volume Up and the Menu buttons together.
- Then, from the Recovery Mode menu, select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” and confirm your action.
- After the above actions, go back in the main menu with the “+++go back+++” option.
- From the main menu of the Recovery Mode, select the “reboot system now”.
Congratulations! Now you know how you can update your Samsung Galaxy Note N719 to the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDMC3 firmware. Test this latest official update and let us know in our comment section, what you think about it.