Now a new official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware is available for Galaxy Note N7100 device, this new firmware is named XXDME1 firmware. This latest update was rolled out by OTA for all Galaxy Note 2 N7100 devices’ users from Indonesian and Thailand.
This presented guide will teach you how manually update the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100 with XXDME1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. This update comes more such as a bugs fixes, and it brings some performance improvement.
The new Android 4.1.2 XXDME1 Firmware has these followed details: PDA: N7100XXDME1, CSC: N7100OLBDMD2, Version: 4.1.2 and was released on: May, 2013.
For this update process, we will use ODIN app and this tutorial is a convenient method to un-root your Note 2 device or to update your device with official firmware released by Samsung.
So, in order successfully install N7100XXDME1 official update, we will show you in one step by step manual method using ODIN application. The ODIN app is a tool developed by Samsung, but you have to be careful to follow the exact settings and instructions because if not you risk to brick your device.
During the process, you can lose the existing installed applications and the custom settings that you have done for your actually Android OS. We strongly recommend you to perform a full backup for your data before to proceed to flash the new firmware.
- In the next section, we will show you the main prerequisites that are necessary to be followed before to begin the updating step by step process:
- All the instructions and this tutorial from this article are only for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100. Do not try to apply this tutorial with any other similar device. To see your Android device’ model, check that from Settings » About phone.
- This present tutorial is provided only for educational and instructional purposing and we, android.sc team are not held responsible or liable for any damage, loose any data or if you’re bricking your device due if want to apply these instructions for your device.
- First, backup all your critical data, for doing that you can begin to save your SMS using the SMS backup and restore application, Call Logs using the Call Logs Backup and restore app, save your images songs, videos, documents or any other files in the cloud or locally with Copy to internal/external SD card. Also note down your internet settings connection from the followed path: “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”. Sync your actual saved contacts with your Gmail account. Save your EFS Folder and any other important data stored in your device’s internal memory.
- Charge your device’s battery to have more than 85% power left, in the other case if your device doesn’t have enough power left in its battery to do get a forced power of in the middle of the updating process.
- Make sure you have the suitable USB drivers installed to your PC for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device.
- Enable the USB debugging mode option to assure the connection between your PC and the device.
- The ODIN app is compatible only with Windows OS based PCs, for users who use Linux, Mac OS the CrossOver utility has to be used to run ODIN in these kinds of OS.
- So I think these are all the prerequisites that need to be followed first, now you can move to the next section where we’ll teach you during a detailed step by step guide how manually install the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDME1 firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model no: N7100.
Above you have what you need to do first, before beginning the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDME1firmware installation guide.
When will erase the custom ROM firmware installed on your device (CM10, AOKP, and Paranoid Android) after you’ll flash this official ROM. Also, the if you have a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) image that are running in your Note 2 device, this will be replace with a stock recovery image.
After you have flashed on your device this official firmware, the root access will be remove, and all the factory restrictions will be activated.
As you probably know that, when you perform an official update in a normal way the flashing process not delete any data from the system file but because is a manually guide you never know what can happen and follow backup steps to be sure you won’t lose any important data.
How to Install official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDME1 Firmware on Samusng Galaxy Note 2 N7100
- Download the official Android 4.1.2 firmware file from here (N7100XXDME1_N7100OLBDMD2_XSE.zip Indonesia or N7100XXDME1_N7100OLBDMD2_THL.zip Thailand) save it in your PC and after that Extract Firmware zip to get a .tar.md5 file and some other files from the downloaded archive.
- Download Odin 3.07 save it on your PC, extract the same and install it.
- Now, power off your Galaxy Note 2 device complete
- But your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone in Download Mode. To do that press and keep holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together, when a warning screen message will be displayed then press Volume Up button and this will confirm you that enter into Download Mode.
- Now, Open and run the ODIN3 v3.07.exe app with Administrator rights.
- While your Note 2 N7100 device is in download mode, connect it to your computer using its USB cable.
- Now, look at the ODIN interface and there you should have a “Added!!” message. In case, this message isn’t displayed you need to use another USB port for the connection or to reinstall the drivers.
- After the “Added!!”Message is displayed in ODIN app interface, and you’ll see COM port area colored in yellow or blue color you can move to the next step.
- Next, select and load in ODIN app from the extracted N7100XXDME1 firmware folder the following files:
- Click the PDA button from ODIN and select the .tar.md5 file.
- Click the Phone Button and from the same folder as previously select the file which contains ‘modem’ in its name.
- Click the CSC Button from the ODIN app, and select from the extracted folder the file with ‘csc’ in its name, if this file exists there.
- Click the PIT Button and select the .pit file is it is there.
- Important: Verify in ODIN app and make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected; also the Re-Partition checkbox is selected only if you’re using a .pit file.
- Verify once again the steps 7 and 8 from above.
- When you want to begin the flashing process, press the START button in ODIN app. Now, the flashing process has been started, and you have to wait until it is completed.
- Once the installation process is done your smartphone will be automatically restarted and in ODIN app interface at the very top you will see a PASS message.
- Now, you can disconnect your N7100 device from the PC.
- Verify if your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device has been updated with the latest official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build XXDME1 firmware. To do that go to the Settings option and from there chose About phone (Settings > About phone).
- If, during the flashing update process the ODIN app gets stuck:
- Close the ODIN app.
- Disconnect your device from PC.
- Force to restart your device.
- Now, reinstall the suitable Note 2 N7100 drivers on your computer.
- Boot you Android device into download mode.
- Now, open the ODIN app once again.
- Connect the smartphone to the PC using its USB cord.
- Repeat all the rest of steps from above of this step by step guide.
- If in the end of the installation process, your Note 2 N7100 device gets stuck or is entering in a boot loop at booting animation:
- Reboot your device into Recovery Mode (press Power + Volume UP + Menu buttons simultaneous).
- Now, from the Recovery Mode select: “wipe data factory reset” and then “wipe cache partition”.
- Next, select “+++go back+++” and from the main menu of the Recovery Mode Menu chose “reboot system now”.
That was all the steps that you need to follow in order to update the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device with the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDME1 firmware.
If you have issues trying to understand or to complete the above tutorial, please use our comment section and share the problems with us and other users, as well.