Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 phones received Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. It has come with some minor changes, bug fixes, new features, new apps and battery drain solutions. We will use ODIN software which is a special, complex and custom tool flashing tool developed and offered by Samsung.
So, before beginning the process, you need to consider a few pre-requisites:
- This new firmware is an official OS, so the warranty of the Galaxy Grand device won’t be affected or will not get void.
- The root access and a custom recovery image as CWM recovery aren’t required for this step by step tutorial.
- This guide is compatible with both locked and rooted Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos devices.
If the Grand I9082 is currently rooted, the root rights will be revoked after you apply this process. Now you are ready to use this process.Samsung has pushed out the new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OTA firmware for its Galaxy Grand Duos model number I9082.
- The new update is being offered first in some countries (France, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Germany, Spain, UK and Hungary only).
- So, if you want to install this new update and you have not received an automatic OTA notification, you can do this after reading this manual guide. Make sure you don’t skip any step mentioned in the tutorial.
- It can be used for both version, rooted and u–rooted Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos phones.
- If the smartphone is rooted, after flashing the new official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMGA OS, the root rights will be revoked and for gaining again the root you should re-root the device.
- Firstly, take the backup of all of your data stored into device’s internal storage memory including EFS folder, as the data might get wiped out, deleted or corrupted.
- If you have installed a custom recovery image such as CWM or TWRP recovery, make a Nandroid backup to save your current ROM.
- Download and install the appropriate Samsung Grand Duos I9082 USB drivers on your PC (a Windows based PC is required); also you can install the USB drivers by using Samsung KIES app.
- So,use the USB cord, the PC and the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos phone.
- Uninstall or deactivate temporarily, on both PC and Android device the antivirus, Firewall or any other security protection tools.
- Make sure that the device’s battery is charged at least 70% . .
- From the next path: “Settings -> More -> Development Options -> USB debugging”, enable the USB debugging mode option.
- The official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMGA firmware has been specially released and works with Galaxy Grand Duos model number I9082 only. How to Install the Official Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBMGA Firmware on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to
- Download the update file from here and save it in the PC.
- Unzip the downloaded file and place the file on the desktop.
- Download ODIN, save it in your PC, unzip the same and install it.
- Run ODIN on the PC.
- Make sure that you have installed the Samsung Galaxy Grand drivers before going any further.
- Turn off the device.
- Boot it into download mode. (Press and hold the power, volume down and home buttons simultaneously until the download mode is displayed.
- Once the download mode is charged, connect the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos device to the PC using the USB cable. (Make sure that the ODIN app is running on the PC).
- After you have connected the Grand device to the PC, on ODIN app you should notice that the: ID:COM will be collared yellow or blue color, and the “added” message will be displayed.
- If not, that means the ODIN didn’t recognizes the device, and you will have to disconnect the Galaxy Grand Duos device, close the ODIN app, change the USB port from PC and reinstall the USB drivers once again.
- After that repeat all the steps from the beginning as explained above. Now, from ODIN app click on “PDA” option.
- Browse, select, and pick the update file from the location where you extracted the downloaded file.
- Make sure that the re-partition and f.reset time options are checked.
- Now, start the flashing process by clicking on the ODIN app’s “Start” button.
- Next, wait until the Android 4.2.2 firmware file is completely installed.
- In the last stage, ODIN app will display the “pass” message and the ID:COM area will turn in green.
- Now you can safely disconnect the USB cable.
- Reboot the smartphone.
- If ODIN might get stuck you have to do:
- Disconnect the device from PC
- Force restart the Grand device.
- Close Odin app.
- Reinstall the USB drivers.
- Repeat all the steps from the step by step guide from the beginning.
- If the phone might suck or it is entering in a boot loop, do the following thing:
- Turn off the device.
- Boot it into recovery mode (press and keep holding the power + volume + home buttons simultaneously).
- Then, from the recovery mode select “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition”.
- Now, return in the Recovery mode main menu and choose “reboot system now”.
Congratulation, you successfully completed the step by step manually method to install the new official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMGA OS.