Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 to Official Android 4.2.2
WI-FI version of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 model number GT-P3110 has received the official Android 4.2.2 update. This is following the Android 4.2. 2 roll-out for the 3G version of the tablet.
The new firmware release was built with number XXDMH1, and it is currently available for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users in the UK. As you probably know that, the new updates are pushed out in phases and it is expected to reach other devices from other regions soon.
It can be downloaded and installed by OTA or via Samsung Kies PC suit app.
The new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware comes with various new features, bug fixes and changes such as a better accessibility, customizable notification panel in the status bar, lock-screen widgets, multiple user’s accounts, new widgets, new launcher from the Samsung Galaxy S4, a better battery life and a better performance from your device.
This actual step by step guide is especially provided for Galaxy Tab users who cannot wait the official notification by OTA, it will teach you a manually update method.
The new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXDMH1 firmware is an unbranded version of firmware, and it can be flashed on any Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.7 P3110 devices which are unlocked.
If the device is rooted, or have installed a custom ROM and you want to use a manually method to install the latest official Android 4.2.2 firmware then a wipe date task is required before flashing the firmware.
Important: We, Android Source team provide all the information and instructions listed here only for educational and instructional purpose, so knowing that we cannot be held liable or responsible if you’ll apply the step by step tutorial for your device and during of flashing process any data will be loose or you’ll damage your device. Apply this guide only on your own risk.
The new update release has the following firmware details, it is compatible only with GT-P3110 model, has been released officially on United Kingdom, it is Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and has 1249439 Changelist. The date when the new firmware has been released is 3 August, 2013 with BTU Product code, PDA: P3110XXDMH1, CSC: P3110OXADMH1 and MODEM: P3110XXDMH1.
Before moving to the step by step guide some prerequisites are necessary to be followed:
- Download and install the appropriate USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.7.0 on the PC.
- From the next path: Menu-> Settings-> Applications->Development option, enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Create a full backup for your data stored in device’s internal memory, as the step by step guide is likely to wipe all data of the device’s internal storage.
- If the device has a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP recovery tools installed them use the same to create a Nandroid backup for your actual ROM before moving forward.
- Make sure that the device’s battery is having more than 75 % power left.
- The Galaxy Tab device should a factory unlocked device (not locked to a specific carrier).
- If the device is a Rooted one, after the flashing process it will no longer belong to use the root rights.
- All the custom firmware and settings will be loosed when an official firmware is applied, and the custom recovery tool will be replaced by stock recovery.
- The new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXDMH1 version works only with the Wi-Fi version of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110, so do not use the same for any other incorrect device, it might damage the device.
- To verify the model number of Galaxy device navigate to: Settings-> About tablet->Model number and note down the model number.
How to install the latest XXDMH1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 device:
- Download the official pack file form here.
- Save it in your PC and extract the downloaded file to get a file with .tar.md5 extensions and some other few files.
- Download Odin v3.07.
- Now, extract the Odin zip file and make sure that the Odin3 v3.07.exe is there and other some few files.
- Power off the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 device completely.
- Boot it into Download Mode (Press and keep holding Volume Down and Power buttons in the same time until a construction Android logo appears on the device’s display. Next press the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
- Now, open the ODIN folder and run Odin3 v3.07.exe on the PC as an administrator.
- Next connect the Tab 2 7.0 device to PC using USB cord while the device is in the Download Mode.
- Wait until the ODIN software will recognize the device, when the device is connected to PC successfully, then ODIN will say an Added message and also, the ID:COM section will be colored blue indicating the connection is done.
- Note: if the Odin app didn’t display the Added message the you have to try another USB port from PC, and if the ODIN still fails to recognize the tablet then you need to reinstall the USB drivers once again.
- Now, you have to select the firmware files from the extracted P3110XXDMH1 folder to start the flashing process:
- From ODIN: click PDA button and select the file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Click the Phone button, browse and select the file which contain the MODEM in its name. Ignore this step if there isn’t a file like this.
- Click the CSC button from ODIN, browse and select the file with CSC in its name, ignore this step in case such file is not found.
- Click the PIT button from ODIN, browse and select the .pit file, ignore this step in case such file is not found.
- Important: Configure ODIN app settings: Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected and uncheck the Re-Partition option. Note: Select the Re-Partition option only when a .pit file is being used.
- Now, when you want to begin the installation process press the Start button in ODIN app.
- Next, you should wait few minutes ODIN complete the installation process.
- When the flashing process is done, the device will get a restart automatically.
- Also once the process is successfully completed, a PASS message will appear together with a green background in the very left top of ODIN app’s interface.
- Now, disconnect the TAB 2 7.0 tablet from the PC.
Congratulation, now the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 device should running the latest official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXDMH1 firmware.
Verify the firmware version from Settings>> About tablet.
- If the device gets stuck at the first boot animation or Samsung logo you have to do:
- Restart it into recovery mode (press and keep holding Volume UP and Power buttons together,
- From the Recovery Mode select wipe data/factory reset then select Wipe Cache Partition.
- When the wiping process is done, select reboot system now.
Note : for navigating between different options into Recovery Mode Menu, use the Volume buttons for navigating and Power button to confirm.
Note: when a wiping task is applied the entire device’s internal memory data will be deleted.
For any other supplementary questions, please use our comment section below