Good news for all AT&T Galaxy S4 devices’ owners, the AT&T Company, has released a new update for the specified device; it is about the latest official Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS. Unfortunately, numerous users didn’t receive this latest OTA update, and for installing this firmware they should use a manual step by step instructional guide.
This present article will teach you how to install the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for A&T Galaxy S4 device.
Before beginning the update process you need to follow some guidelines:
- This step by step guide works only with the AT&T Galaxy S4 device. So, by knowing this does not use the same for any other incorrect device.
- Next, you need to backup all your important data stored on your internal device’s memory before beginning the installation of the new firmware.
- Now, download and install the suitable Samsung USB Drivers on your PC, the download link can be found here.
- Note that all type of specified customizations will be deleted from the S4 device during the installation process.
- If the AT&T Galaxy S4 device has a stock Android OS installed on it then, you won’t lose any data files stored on the device.
- Remember that, this present guide is for advanced users only.
- This present guide is provided only for educational and instructional purpose, so we cannot be held liable or responsible for any data lost or in case you brick your device.
- Do not skip any steps from this guide.
- Ensure that the device’s battery level has more than 65% power left, so that the device won’t receive a forced power off in the middle of the flashing process.
How to install the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat (I337UCUFNB1) OTA Update for AT&T Galaxy S4:
- First step is to download the latest Android 4.4.2 (I337UCUFNB1) KitKat OTA file from here and save it on your Computer.
- Second step is to change 2400258.cfg name to update.zip.
- Now, take the original USB cord and connect the AT&T Galaxy S4 device to your computer.
- Move (drag and drop) the downloaded update.zip file on the root folder of the device’s internal/external sdcard. Note: do not create a new folder to copy the update.zip file, it must to be on the root.
- Next, disconnect the device from the computer.
- Turn off the device.
- Boot the device in Recovery Mode read here how to do this.
- From the Recovery Mode select the ‘Apply Update.zip’ option if the file was copied on the internal SD, or you need to select from Apply Update from External Storage if the file was placed to the External SDcard.
- Now, wait for installing the new update and the installation process is done.
- Reboot the device in normal mode.
Congratulation, you successfully installed the new Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA Update for AT&T Galaxy S4.
For any other supplementary questions, you can use our comments section from below.