The Motorola Moto G4 Plus device has received the Android Nougat update and if you are a Moto G4 Plus user, you will enjoy the latest Android firmware. In this post, we will show you how you can gain root access with the help of SuperSU root exploit that will help you unlock the Android Nougat firmware that runs on your Moto G4 Plus device. If you want to know how to root your device you need to follow all the lines from this step by step tutorial and make sure you are not skipping anyone.
Gaining root access is not an official operation supported by Motorola or Google, thanks to developer Chainfirewe have this new root opportunity using the root exploit from this post. You have to be aware that completing an unofficial process will make you lose your Motorola Moto G4 Plus warranty.
The root process is a dedicated custom operation and helps you unlock the Motorola Moto G4 Plus Android core system and after finishing this tutorial you can get rid of all factory and default restrictions. It ensures you will be able to optimize and customize your Android OS and also apply custom ROMs, make Nandroid backups, to uninstall bloatware and various start-up programs, to flash custom kernels or to install apps from other sources than Google Play and more.
Because during the root process the data from your device might be lost or get corrupted a backup operation is recommended. You can make a backup of all your personal info, data, accounts, and files by using backup and restore apps from Google Play, by using incorporated cloud storage platforms or by syncing all your files with your Google Account. You need a computer with internet access enabled to be able to complete the steps from below. On your computer, you need to save the SuperSU root exploit.
On your Moto G4 Plus you will have to become a developer and for that go to Settings->About Phone and then tap seven times repeatedly on the Built Number and the Developer Options will be enabled. Next, from Settings -> Developer Options, check the USB Debugging option.
Before moving further check the battery level on your Motorola Moto G4 Plus and make sure is over 50%, if not you have to plug in the charger otherwise, your phone can get turned off, and most soft bricked, during the rooting procedure.
The most important thing is to apply this tutorial only for the Motorola Moto G4 Plus running the Android Nougat OS because the SuperSU file given below is not compatible with other devices.
How to Root the Moto G4 Plus device running on Android Nougat
1. On your computer download the SuperSU package from here for your Moto G4 Plus and save this file on the desktop.
2. Power on your Moto G4 Plus device.
3. Connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
4. Pick up the downloaded root file from desktop and transfer it to your phone.
5. Disconnect the phone from the computer by unplugging the USB cable.
6. Power off the device and then reboot it into recovery mode.
7. From recovery, tap Install and then pick the SuperSU package.
8. Swipe to begin the root flashing process.
9. When completed, from the main menu of recovery select ‘Reboot system now’.
10. If on your Moto G4 Plus device you have the non-soak test nougat: NPJ25.93-11/12/14 ROM before applying the tutorial from above install the ElementalX kernel by using the Recovery mode. Download the ElementalX kernel from here and use the same flashing steps from above.
If during the last reboot a boot loop is issued you have to make a hard reset and clear app data cache, for that go back to Recovery Mode and select ‘wipe data factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’.Now root access should be ensured on your Motorola Moto G4 Plus device.