In this article, we will teach you how to root the Micromax Canvas A116 HD Android based Smartphone, which is a Smartphone with a large display and for that are considered to be a phone-tablet hybrid. This delightful phablet has been announced in 2013 in January and is available on the market from 2013, February, its dimensions are 144 x 74 x 10.7 mm and comes with a 5.0 inches display which brings a 720 x 1280 pixels resolution, inside of the Micromax Canvas A116 HD we finding a Quad-core CPU clocked at 1.2 GHz, Cortex-A7 type. The internal memory storage is a 4 GB with 1.77 GB user available and in additional comes with a card slot available where you can put micro SD up to 32 GB. It is running Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) which can be upgradable to v4.2 (Jelly Bean), this Smartphone has 1 GB RAM memory, a primary 8 MP with 3264 x 2448 pixels back camera and a Secondary camera with 2 MP VGA video recordable. All these features and specifications are principals, but it has more other features. If you want to have a powerful control and for having the possibility to customize and to flash the latest custom ROM s available for this device, you need to root it.
The root access give you a lot of advantages like the possibility to install root-only required applications, or if you want to flash custom recovery images(CWM), like I said, to install custom ROMs, or to have access at the internal files system of your Android OS and so on.
Before to starting the root procedure, you have to follow some prerequisites that are required to be respected first:
Backup your data stored in your device. The rooting device don’t wipe the data, but if something doesn’t work well or your smartphone doesn’t boot after you apply the root privileges, then you’ll be available to restore your important data, that’s the reason we strongly recommend to backup your data when apply a root procedure on your Android devices.
The critical data stored in your internal device’s memory are the SMS, call logs, internet settings, your contacts, videos files, images files, and other documents or files that you consider are necessary to be backed. For saving your data, you can use our tutorial and tools from our site. For saving your SMSs, you can use Backup and Restore SMS and MMS tool, for saving call logs you can use Backup and Restore Call Logs for Android. For saving the Images, videos, documents and so on, you can save the same in the cloud, for saving your contacts you can sync contacts with your Gmail account.
From the following path: “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the USB Debugging option
Verify the Micromax Canvas HD A116 device’s battery to have a minimum level 80% power left, to be sure that your device won’t take a forced shut down in the middle of rooting process.
Use this tutorial and the instructions listed here only for Micromax Canvas HD A116 device; if you’re trying to root any other devices with this guide you can brick them.
All the information and instructions listed in this article are only for educational and instructional purpose, so if you decide to use the same on for your device and you brick your device or loose data we cannot be held responsible or liable for what happens with your device or your data. Use this guide only in your own risk.
How to root Micromax Canvas HD A116 device with Bin4ry’s rooting tool:
- Firstly download the Micromax A116 drivers from here and save it in your computer.
- Secondly Download the Bin4ry’s rooting tool from here and save it in your computer.
- Now, Extract the Bin4ry’s rooting tool that you have been downloaded on your desktop PC.
- Connect your Micromax Canvas HD device to your PC using the original USB cable, After you’ve connected the device automatically your PC will install the proper drivers that you have downloaded previously.
- Now, open the folder named “Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18? and find the “ Runme.bat ” file, this .bat file you going to use it in the rooting process.
- Now, with your device connected, you have to change the mode of your smartphone connection from USB storage to Media Device.
- Double-click on RunMe.bat file that you extracted previously to your Computer Desktop. After you double-clicked on the RunMe.bat file, a CMD pop-up window will be open with green text write in it.
- From that CMD window, press 1 to select the Normal Mode.
- The rooting process has been started; wait to complete the root process.
- Your Micromax Canvas HD A116 device will reboot during the root process. It may take a few minutes, so don’t touch anything and keep patience.
- When the rooting process will be successfully completed from the CMD window you’ll receive a message wit “Have Fun!”, that means that your Micromax Canvas HD A116 device has been successfully rooted.
Congratulation, that’s was all the steps, and now you successfully learnt how to root your Micromax A116 Canvas HD with Bin4ry’s Rooting Tool. To see if your device has been rooted or not, you should to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google Play Store. If your device isn’t rooted, you need to repeat all the above instructions.
If you have some issues to understand this tutorial, please feel free to put your questions on our comment section, and we will do all the best to help you.