If your’re an owner for a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 device, and you want to root it and to install a ClockworkMod Recovery image for be able to make modifications or to have a full access in your Android device, then, today in this article I will share with you and I teach you a tutorial for that,
This work come from a member of XDA Developers, Chenglu, and with this tutorial I want to thank you for this method witch install ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 and root the Galaxy Note 2 smartphone.
Before to start our how to tutorial we need to follow some prerequisites, for this we listed below the steps for root and flash ClockworkMod Recovery for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
Firstly you must know that, this tutorial and all the instructions listed in this article is only and only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model GT-n7100. Applying this method and these instructions on other Android devices or other models you can brick your device.
Warning:All the information listed in this article is only for educational purposes. Use this information at our own risk.
Before performing the information listed in this article, you must read all the instructions, and understand very clear all steps and what you need to do.
- You need the Samsung Galalxy Note 2 GT-N7100 smartphone, and the original smartphone’s USB cord.
- A computer with a Windows OS installed on it.
- For extracting the rar archives, you’ll need WinRar, 7-zip or Izarc application or other similar programs which can extract this kind of files.
- The smartphone USB drivers installed on your computer, the drivers can be installed if you’ll install the Samsung Kies.
- Go to the next path:Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and there Enable USB debugging option, for that the option box must be checked.
- Deactivate the security softwares like antivirus and firewall, and also you need to deactivate the Samsung Kies and all softwares which access your smartphone.
- Verify your device’s battery and the level of power must to more by 80%, this action is necessary to avoid the interruptions in the middle of the flashing process.
- Backup all your personal data stored on your device, you must be sure you proceed a copy of your data like Contact, SMS, Call logs,MMS, note down the internet settings, Wi-Fi stored password if some data will be erase you’ll be able to restore all your critical data. For that, use our backup tutorial or which backup methods you think it is safe for you.
Disclaimer:This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device the android.sc team is not responsible for that.
Root and ClockworkMod Recovery for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 – guide
- First download Odin3 v3.04 software and save it in your PC.
- Secondly download ClockworkMod Recovery with auto root file package and save it in your computer.
- Extract the cwm6-root-n7100-121015.rar file and there you need to obtain the cwm6-root-n7100-121015.tar file
- Extract the Odin3_v3.04.zip file archive and after that you need to obtain the Odin3 v3.04.exe file.
- Run the Odin3 v3.04.exe file with a double click on it to launch the Odin program on your PC.
- Now, disconnect your smartphone from the PC if it is connected and then turn off your smartphone.
- Now, boot your Note 2 device into Download Mode, for this you must press in the same time and hold the following combination of buttons: Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons until a “Warning” message is displayed. And then press the Up key to start Download Mode.
- Now, connect your smartphone to the computer with the help of the original USB cable. In the Odin window, you need to see the “Added!!”messages, this message is located at the bottom left of the window Odin software.
- There in ODIN app click on the PDA button and then select cwm6-root-n7100-121015.tarfile. Verify if the file is show on the space immediately beside the PDA button.
- Important: Don’t change anything in the ODIN, as is expecting for adding the cwm6-root-n7100-121015.tar file, so let all the configurations untouched. Verify and make sure that the “Re-partition” box option is not ticked.
- Now, press Start button in the ODIN application to begin to install the Recovery file with auto root included to your smartphone. Now, just wait until the flashing process is done.
- When the installation is successfully done, your device will get a reboot automatically. In the same time, the Odin will show a “PASS” message.
- When the Samsung logo is displayed, then you can safely remove the smartphone to the computer.
- Important: If the ODIN display the “FAIL” message or gets stuck, then you must disconnect your smartphone from the computer and close the ODIN application. Go and remove the battery device, wait few seconds and then reinsert the battery. After that, repeat the guide from the step 7.
- Now, after the reboot you need to check if your device is rooted or not, for this you can download the RootChecker app from Google Play Store and see the root status.
- Verify the ClockworkMod Recovery, for that, you need to shut down your phone, and then press in the same time and hold the Home, Volume Up, and Power buttons until the display is turned on and there in ClockworkMod Recovery, you can use the Volume buttons to navigate in this menu, and the power button to select an option from there.
Congratulation, you successfully learnt to root and flash ClockworkMod Recovery for Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100, Now your device is able to receive any custom ROM available for it. For all the issues and problems to understand this guide, please use our comment section to share with us your opinions.