As you know that Android-powered device is highly customizable and the benefits of unlocking the devices are great. Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is no
exception to this. Even though it is out in the market, you can already consider tweaking this new smartphone. So, let’s learn how to unlock and power up the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 by installing TWRP recovery on it.
First, we need to install TWRP Recovery on Mi Note 2 smartphone and then flash SuperSu to Root it. The TWRP Recovery got recently updated to TWRP v.3.0.0. It means now you can install the latest
TWRP 3.0.0, thanks to developers who provide the unofficial TWRP for Xiaomi Mi Note 2. All you need to do is to follow carefully
the guide given below to successfully Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi Note 2.
Rooting your device will allow you installing custom ROM or custom kernel for better performance, and with the help of an ad blocker you can block Ads in apps and install Xposed Framework to customize your Mi Note 2. You can also increase the performance and battery
life by stopping background process automatically. You can uninstall pre-installed apps and with Titanium Backup you can restore all of your apps and data.
Planning to install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi Note 2, read the prerequisites from below:
- First, unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi Note 2, this may take a day to be approved.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you can brick your Mi Note device and we cannot be held responsible for any damage to your smartphone.
- Use this guide only if you have done such procedures in the past.
- Take a complete backup of your Mi Note 2 smartphone
and then proceed, the process of installing TWRP Recovery and Rooting can erase all your personal data including data of the internal storage.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged to prevent the shutdown in-between the process.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Download and install ADB and fastboot driver for Windows on your computer.
- Download TWRP Recovery package for Mi Note 2, on your computer.
- Download SuperSu.zip 2.78 and copy it to your smartphone SD card.
- On your Mi Note 2 device, enable Developer Options( go to About phone and tap seven times the Build Number), then enable USB Debugging option from Settings->Developer options.
- Next, go to the installation directory, open ADB folder, and then open a command window there, by pressing and holding the Shift key and right mouse clicked anywhere in that folder.
- Connect your smartphone to the computer and reboot it into Fastboot mode by typing the command “ADB reboot bootloader”.
- In Fastboot mode, check your connection by entering the command: “fastboot devices” in the command prompt. It should return your device serial number meaning your device is properly connected.
- Type the command: “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img “ in the command prompt and then press enter. It will start the installation of TWRP recovery on your
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 device.
- Wait until the custom recovery image is installed on your Xiaomi Mi Note 2 and when it’s done, type “fastboot boot recovery.img” command to boot into recovery.
- Without leaving TWRP, follow the below steps.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi Note 2
Now you have TWRP Recovery installed, you can easily root your Mi Note 2 phone.
- Select and set your preferred Language, check the “Never show this screen during boot again” box, and then ‘’Swipe to allow modification’’.
- Next, go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and “yes” to mount internal storage.
- Without leaving TWRP, place the SuperSu.zip file to your device over mount internal storage.
- From the TWRP main menu, navigate to Install Zip and select “SuperSu.zip”.
- Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your Xiaomi Mi Note 2 device.
- Just wait while your smartphone boots into your newly rooted MIUI.
Hope you found it helpful! Leave your comments in the comments section given below.