If you are looking to download and install the official Android 7.0 Nougat on Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge device use the instructions and the guide from this post. This is in beta stage and is based on the latest Android Nougat.
The official beta Android Nougat firmware provided in this post is for the Verizon Galaxy S7 devices SM-G930Vmodel and packs all the Nougat features. The update works only on non-rooted devices running the stock OS, is available via OTA and it weights around 1.6GB in size. As all beta OTA updates, this is released by Samsung for selected users, meaning that not all Verizon Galaxy S7 users are getting it.
However, if you want to manually update your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 to the official beta Android Nougat firmware; just follow the step by step guide from below. Even this update is an official beta, may not wipe SD Card data, but we recommend you to take a backup of your device before starting the Android 7.0 Nougat installing process.
⦁ Use this guide only for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930V model and don’t try this on any other variants or devices.
⦁ Your Galaxy S7 device should be running the stock Android firmware to be able to update it, so the update is not working on rooted devices.
⦁ Make sure the external SD card is decrypted, to avoid facing some issue. You will find the steps on how to decrypt the SD card at the end of this post.
⦁ Follow all the steps correctly otherwise you may end up in brick your device and we cannot be held responsible for any damage to your phone.
⦁ Make a complete backup of your device for safer side and then you can proceed.
⦁ Ensure that your phone’s battery is at least 50% charged, to prevent the shutdown in-between the installation process.
Download the Android 7.0 Nougat for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7:
⦁ Download the latest version of ODIN tool from here.
⦁ If your device is on PH1 firmware, download the S7Nupdate.zip file from here and rename it as “update.zip”.
⦁ If you are on PI3 firmware, download the PI3_PK4update.zip file from here and rename it as “update.zip”.
⦁ If your Galaxy S7 is on the PK4 firmware, download the S7Nupdate2.zip (Beta 2) file from here and rename it to “update.zip”.
How to Manually Install the Android 7.0 Nougat on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7
1. Go to Setting->Developer Option and enable “USB debugging” option and turn OEM unlock off. To enable Developer Options, go to Settings->About phone and tap seven times on the Build Number.
2. Reboot your Galaxy S7 device into download mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume up +home buttons at the same time and make sure the phone says Official under system and binary.
3. If it does not shows official under system and binary, then you need to flash the PH1 firmware using the ODIN app, by using the PIT file and the full CSC file.
4. Create a folder named fota in the root directory of the phone’s external SD card.
5. Download the above Nougat OTA file according to your Galaxy S7 firmware and place the update.zip file on the external SD card in the folder fota.
6. Power off the Galaxy S7 phone and reboot it into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume down + Home buttons at once.
7. Select apply update.zip from SD card and find the update.zip in the fota folder that you have created on your external SD Card.
8. Choose Yes to apply.
9. If you are facing the‘E: footer is wrong’error message followed by the ‘E: signature verification failed’ you have to decrypt your SD Card and try again.
How to decrypt the SD card
⦁ On your phone,go to Settings -> Security -> Encryption
⦁ Click on the decrypt SD card option.
⦁ On the next screen, uncheck all the boxes to decrypt your SD Card.