The Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 is equipped with a 1 GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird CPU, and 7″ 16M-color TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen of WSVGA (600 x 1024) pixel resolution, is not a place XL, but the Tab makes the S in Galaxy S meaningful. In a big view: is a Galaxy S with 3 inch added to the size of the screen and 2 MG pixels taken out from the camera.
The update for your operating system on your tablet can be made it official or with the custom ROMs.
The upgrading make your device to faster on operating system this thing make us want a custom ROMs, and when we want to take a custom ROMs in our devices, we cannot flashing them without a custom recovery installed in our tablet. ClockworkMod Recovery is a powerful possibility to make this thing. Via Technomancer’s kernel can be installed an easy modality to flash custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Note: Your tablet should and must be running on stock Android 2.3 Gingerbread before you can go on with the process.
- This guide will be applied only if your device is Samsung Galaxy Tab, model number GT-P1000. If you’ll, applying on another model you can produce undesired consequences.
- Use all information from this guide for instructional and educational purpose only.
- There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your particular and unique circumstances.
- Use all this instruction only at your own risk, Is not our responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or with your device if you’ll apply this instruction on it.
Read all instructions first and understand the information from this guide before performing this guide.
This guide shows you:
How to flash ClockworkMod Recovery for the Galaxy Tab P1000.
For this guide, we need the next Requirements:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 device which running on stock Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- A personal PC with Windows Operating System
- Your original USB cable for your tablet
- A software/program that can extract TAR archive files(7-Zip, WinRAR)
On your computer, download the following files:
Technomancer’s Kernel with ClockworkMod Recovery 5 (cwm-5-p1.tar, 5 MB, md5sum: e67e61a27741069e43bf9f790bf35b10)
Heimdall Suite 1.3.2 (heimdall-suite-1.3.2-win32-.zip, 9.6 MB)
Heimdall Suite requires Microsoft C++ Redistributable installed on your computer it to run.
The tablet’s battery must be charged up to 80%, don’t have interruptions during the process.
First of all, backup the tablet data stored on your tablet, to asure yourself with a copy of your personal data, If not you can lose your messages, contacts, Market apps and so on.
For performing a full backup you can follow our previous guides:
Sync contacts with Gmail account.
- Extract the archive Heimdall Suite 1.3.2 in the folder named Heimdall Suite.(drivers and the Heimdall Suite application)
- Now connect your original USB cable to the PC.( don’t connect yet the tablet device)
- Switch off your tablet.
- For this step reboot the tablet into Download Mode. For this operation should press and hold in the same time the power button and volume Down button as you connect the other end of the USB cable to your tablet.
- Go on your Windows PC and double-click the zadig.exe File located on the Heimdall Suite folder; this Application allows you to install the USB drivers in an easy way, drivers needed for Heimdall to establishing a connection with your tablet device.
- Now going to select Option and now choose from the menu: List All Devices.
- Now you will see a drop down list, and in this drop down list select either Samsung USB Composite Device or Gadget Serial, and now choose Install Driver. Heimdall can now use your computer safely.
- Note: If a prompt appear with the “that the installer is unable to verify the publisher of the driver” message, select “Install this driver anyway.”
- After the driver installation is done, unplug your tablet device from the USB cable.
- Power off your tablet device.
- Reboot the device into Download Mode like as in step 4 described above.
- Now going to Untar Technomancer’s Kernel. To obtain zImage file. Copy this zImage file into the Heimdall Suite folder. The zImage file should be inside in the same location/folder with heimdall.exe File.
- For this step you should open a command prompt on your PC. Now you should change directory to where heimdall.exe it is.
- In command prompt enter the following line command:
heimdall flash –kernel zImage
This command instructs Heimdall to flash your tablet. A blue transfer bar will appear on the tablet showing the kernel being transferred.
The Tablet device will reboot automatically.
Finally, the Samsung Galaxy Tab device now has the ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
Let us know if the custom recovery working well for you, please use the comment section.