OnePlus has already started the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 4.0.1 for their OnePlus 3 smartphones. This is being done to upgrade the OnePlus 3 to Android 7.0 Nougat with features like new notifications and Settings menu design, multi-window view, custom DPI support, notification Direct Reply. The update also adds status bar icon options, improved shelf customization, updated APN Settings for selected carriers, and comes with fixed proximity sensor bug during calls. Fixing these bugs increases the system’s stability.
Being an OTA incremental update, it is being rolled out in phases and not all users will get it simultaneously. If you don’t want to wait for the OTA update to arrive at your smartphone, you can manually update Oneplus 3 to OxygenOS 4.0.1 Nougat with the method given below. So, to update your OnePlus 3 to the latest version of OxygenOS 4.0.1:
- Download the zip files from here, if you prefer to apply the update using the OTA files;
- Or from here if you want to install OxygenOS 4.0.1 full ROM on your OnePlus 3 device, follow our guides from below depending on which method did you chosen.
Pre-requites to meet before proceeding with the installation:
- This method is used only for the OnePlus 3 device. Do not use it for other devices.
- Follow all the steps correctly, otherwise, you may end up bricking your device and Android Source team cannot be held responsible for any damage to your smartphone.
- The installation will not erase the data from your device, still, we advise you to make a complete backup of your phone before proceeding.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged to prevent the shutdown in-between the installation process.
How to Install OxygenOS 4.0.1 OTA Update on OnePlus 3
1. Download and save on your smartphone internal memory the OxygenOS 4.0.1 OTA zip file from above.
2. Turn off your OnePlus 3 device and boot it into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Power and Volume Down buttons at once.
3. Select “Apply Update” option, select “Choose from Internal Storage” and browse and select the OTA zip file downloaded earlier.
4. The installation of OxygenOS 4.0.1 OTA update file will start on your OnePlus 3.
5. Wait until the installation process complete and reboot you’re the OnePlus 3 device.
How to Install the OxygenOS 4.0.1 ROM on OnePlus 3
1. Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows and install it on your computer.
2. Enable Developer Options (go to About phone and then tap on the Build Number seven times), enable USB debugging option from Setting -> Developer option.
3. Download from above the OxygenOS 4.0.1 ROM for OnePlus 3 and copy it to the folder where ADB is installed. Rename the file into ‘’ota.zip’’
4. Power off your OnePlus 3 smartphone and boot it into Recovery Mode.
5. Select “Install from ADB Sideload”.
6. Connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable.
7. On computer go to the folder where you saved the OxygenOS 4.0.1 ROM update file and by pressing and holding the Shift keyboard key and then right click on any blank space open, a command window.
8. Check the connection between phone and computer by typing the command: “ADB devices” and if you see your device listed, you are ready to flash the ROM.
9. To flash the Oxygen OS 4.0.1 on your OnePlus 3 type the command: “ADB sideload ota.zip”
10. Now wait until the flashing process complete and Reboot the OnePlus 3 phone.
11. Your OnePlus 3 device should now have the latest OxygenOS 4.0.1 and you can enjoy all its features.