Isn’t it a welcome news for all Sony Xperia ZL users that the phone has just been launched and within no time the CWM Recovery image installation solution has come in the market. Yes it is a big thing for Sony fans. Read this tutorial and get a step-by-step guide to flash the CWM Recovery for the Sony Xperia ZL device.
This great work comes from an XDA forum member named Doomlord, and he has confirmed it that the solution works well. This tutorial should be applied only if you have enough experience with the flashing process and you’re an advanced Android user. To get more information about this tool, reach to the source downloaded link that we will share in our guide.
CWM Recovery is a great tool that helps you to install new custom ROMs into your Xperia ZL device, to root your device, or to get a full back-up of any ROM that you’re running on your device.
Pre-requisites and Guidelines:
- This tutorial and all the prerequisites listed here are provided only for Sony Xperia ZL device; don’t use the same for any other device because you can damage your device.
- Your smartphone has to be factory unlocked, otherwise this tutorial won’t work.
- Your Sony Xperia ZL device has to be installed and running the 10.1.A.1.350/434 firmware version. Other ways work for other versions, so don’t try to flash this CWM tool.
- Your Sony Xperia ZL device needs to have a perfect and fully working fastboot;
- Install the proper drivers for Sony Xperia ZL USB on your Windows PC.
- Enable the USB debugging option, from Developer / Development Options menu.
- You need to deactivate or uninstall the security programs that run on your PC. These can interfere with the flashing process.
- It is very important to back-up all data stored in your device’ internal memory.
- Verify that your device’ battery level has more than 70 % power left in it otherwise it can face a forced shut down during the flashing process.
- It becomes critical if you use this CWM Recovery tool with the CyanogenMod 10.1 builds firmware. So don’t not use for this firmware version.
- All these instructions listed here and the guide procedures are provided only for instructional and educational purposes. Don’t hold us responsible for anything wrong happens to your device during the flashing process.
How to install the CWM Recovery for the Sony XPERIA ZL device (Stock Kernel): Step by step guide
- First, save the CWM recovery tool on your PC. Download this tool from HERE .
- Extract the downloaded file content and place its content into a single folder on your desktop PC.
- Now, copy and paste the boot.img file to the Fastboot folder.
- Power off your Sony Xperia ZL device.
- Reboot your device into the FastBoot Mode. To do this you need to press the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Now, using the USB cord, connect your Sony Xperia device to the PC, and make sure the LED light shows blue color.
- Open the Fastboot folder and there open a CMD prompt. To open a command prompt (CMD) on a specific folder, press and keep holding SHIFT button on your computer keyboard and after that right-click and choose open the command window here.
- Now start the flashing the CWM Recovery image. To do that enter in the CMD window following the command line: fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now wait until the process is completely over.
- Reboot your device and disconnect it from the PC.
- Now verify if the CWM Recovery has been installed successfully on your Sony Xperia ZL smartphone.
If you can’t install the CWM Recovery file on your device at your first attempt, you need to retry to install the CWM and repeat the entire procedure.
Note: From the developer who made this CWM Recovery, we see that the CWM Recovery for Xperia ZL USB storage will not work with this tool, please read about this from the source link .
Congratulations! Now you have successfully learnt how you can install the CWM image for Sony Xperia ZL smartphone.
Be free to ask for more details and share with us your impressions about this CWM tool flashed on your Sony Xperia ZL device.